This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the coorelation between bad weather

and idiot customers?????? Because they were out on Monday. That night we had a snow storm. Not a bad one but the temps were warm so the 6 inches we did get was mush

Can someone tell these person WHERE they live?????

I had 4 count em FOUR deliveries in a short span with BAD addresses.

one could not exist as the address was on a stretch of the street that has NO houses or businesses it is a bridge. Turns out someone prior put the street name wrong

Now in my town there are many streets that are designated North, or South or East or West and it is criticial that that direction be included so to determine the correct location of the address. For some reason there is ONE road that the database both on the website/internet and POS system will accept without the direction designation. This causes a small amount of problems as only part of the South direction is in our delivery area.

I get one of the NO direction deliveries. address seems legit. I get near to the location (it is a strip of duplex businesses one building 2 separate stores side by side) and can not find the address given nor the business named on the ticket. I immediately assume I am on the wrong end of said street.

I call the phone number -- no answer so I leave a message, then text the number asking for confirmation of the address North or South. No reply for 5 minutes so I call the store and inform the MOD of the situation (wrong direction) and because of the road conditions I just did not want to drive all the way to the other end of said road as that address is in a sister store's area. The MOD says they will attempt to find the business and call there seeking information.

I head back to the store. The MOD texts me saying the "customer" was a real dick and will explain when I get back. I get back to the to store and the MOD gives me the lowdown. The MOD had gotten a hold of the "Customer" and is VERY snarky. At one point the "customer" says "WHAT? Does your delivery driver need a ride or something??" and apparently the conversation went downhill from there.

WHY do you insist on telling me this to my face????

First off

************************* DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A DISCUSSION ON THE MERITS OR NON MERITS OF TIPPING or the tipping culture TAKE THAT TO FRATCHING ****************************

One of my last deliveries of the night. Customer orders $25 in pizza and soda. No big deal really.

BUT he insists on telling me he is sorry he IS SOOOOOO BROKE that he can not give me a tip.

Did I mention he insisted on telling me this multiple times (yeah I know he might have been "remorseful" but that is NOT usually the case).

IF you are SOOOOOO BROKE why not get your happy ass off the couch, go OUTSIDE in the crappy weather, get into your car or on the bus, and go get some real food not crappy take out food. for that amount I could have fed myself on healthy stuff 3 or 4 days.

WHY tell me this? Just shut up and stiff me and get it over with and let me go one to the next delivery
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Look the SC and just dead pan "well cheap is talk"
    AkaiKitsune
    Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

The correlation at Mart of Wal during dangerous weather is the number of customers increases as conversely the number of employees call off.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        At one point the "customer" says "WHAT? Does your delivery driver need a ride or something??"
        No, he needs a CORRECT address.

Comment

When I worked at King of Burgers, I'd notice a weird correlation, too. It seems as though when we'd have inclement weather, business would increase -- even on slow days. It was the weirdest thing.
          Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Most of the addresses in the town I work have both north/south AND east/west in their address. The cutoff is Main Street and Central Avenue. So, for example: 101 N. 1st St. E. If you don't have both the N and E, you could easily go to the wrong address. But this is a pretty small town, so you probably wouldn't waste more than 2 minutes, even in the snow, if you went to the wrong address.

What a jerk for not giving you the correct address and then acting like it was your fault you couldn't find it!
            "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
            -Mira Furlan

Comment

The correlation at AZ auto was after 3 days of snow and 5 of warning about snow-this "suddenly" broke like this now I have to fix it for you.

Yes those are a twist tie and eyelash brush.
              Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 01-11-2017, 03:49 PM.
              AkaiKitsune
              Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

Quoth Rosco the Iroc View Post
                Look the SC and just dead pan "well cheap is talk"

By all that is unholy, we NEED a "like" button

Comment

Quoth greyblade23 View Post

By all that is unholy, we NEED a "like" button
                  I am that..
                  *takes a bow*
                  Last edited by Rosco the Iroc; 01-11-2017, 10:08 PM.
                  AkaiKitsune

Comment

Back at "DaddyJim's" Pizza, our walk-in business would typically increase by 2-3x normal during bad thunderstorms.
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                      Back at "DaddyJim's" Pizza, our walk-in business would typically increase by 2-3x normal during bad thunderstorms.
                      I find that utterly amusing and puzzling as my rule is 2 raindrops or 2 snowflakes fall and the phone will light up for delivery, and carry out and dine-in die
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

We're nice customers; we won't call for pizza during weather we ourselves wouldn't drive in. In our case that's a virtual hurricane, as Turtleguy is from Virginia and can drive in anything. If it's raining (I live in the Pacific Northwest, so it's frequently) I tip well, because the delivery person was nice and brought us our dinner in the rain.

Comment

Once upon a time I called up for pizza delivery only to told it was raining too hard for delivery. Being in the mood for pizza I ordered it for pick up. I didn't have any problem going out in that vicious rain.

When I got to the pizza store, they couldn't find my pizza. They had sent it out for delivery. But no one was at home because we all came over for the pick up. We waited while they cooked a new pizza for us.

I don't know what happened to the original pizza.
                          "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Here in the land of "we don't keep water in our rivers", we are having a major storm. It started snowing on Thursday and some areas are getting hit fairly hard.

Do remember our idea of what fairly hard means is much different than what fairly hard means to people who live somewhere where it really snows. The newscasters were telling people to be sure to stock up on groceries and gas.

I briefly thought running to the grocery store on Thursday because there were a few things I needed, but when I got close to the packed parking lot I just drove on by. (I only needed liquid refreshment and a gallon of milk, I wasn't in danger of running out of toilet paper or cat food.)

The gas stations all had lines of people waiting to fill up their cars. I didn't go that way on Friday (when we got sent home early because we were going to have an epic storm) but can't imagine that it got better.

Went to the local c-store today and chatted with the owner. Their shelves are bare because of all of the flatlanders stocking up before they ventured into the frozen wasteland.

Comment

This sounds like it's related to the "French Toast Emergency" syndrome. Any time there's a threat of power outages, people rush to the store to buy bread, milk, and eggs - the latter two being items that will go bad in the event of a power outage.
                              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
                              X