Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just because you sleep on a Queen doesn't mean you are one! (long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to move out of my house due to soil movement impacting my septic and leach field. There are pluses and minuses in this event, BUT, one thing I'm super sorry to leave behind will be my clothes line out back. Sun dried sheets in summer are glorious, and if you pin them properly, they dry very flat and smooth and they smell good! No dryer sheet can compete, and I don't iron my clothing, let alone my sheets....

Comment

I'm not planning to iron sheets even when my mother-in-law visits in March. (She won't care; my MIL is a great lady.)

Comment

I honestly didn't know anyone bothered.
        "Crazy may always be open for business, but on the full moon, it has buy one get one free specials." - WishfulSpirit

"Sometimes customers remind me of zombies, but I'm pretty sure that zombies are smarter." - MelindaJoy77

Comment

The only time I have ever bothered was the time when (due to an emergency) the sheets/duvet cover/pillow cases sat in the dryer for 3 days after they'd been dried and came out so crumpled I couldn't even fold them. Even then, it was only enough to get everything folded and put away.
          "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Plus she snuck in her dog even though we don't allow dogs and let it poop and pee everywhere and chew up the carpet. She was only fined $50, should've been fined more.
            Holey Moley! I've traveled with my dogs a lot, and have only had 2 messes. One was in Wyoming on a below-zero (F) night. My dog was freezing his feet, and didn't empty out. Next morning, he tried hard to make it outside, but couldn't make it.

I reported it when I checked out. They thanked me! No charge!

Next time was in Orlando, where the hotel allowed us to have our dogs because we put on a big show: the yearly specialty for our breed. Getting Best In Show there is a big, big deal.

My dog got sick, poor girl. And had the squirts all over the rug in my room. I called housekeeping (after I cleaned up as well as I could), and they dealt with it pretty well. When I checked out, I mentioned it again, and happily paid $75 for the carpet to be cleaned.

It's a nice hotel, and I want our club to be welcomed back if we hold the national specialty in Orlando again.

It's twatwaffles like the above who get dogs banned. I'd like to rub her nose in it!
            I don’t have enough middle fingers to show you how I feel about you.
            - Twitter, via Boredpanda.com, via Youtube

Right. Well. When you manage to pull the concussed deer of your intellect away from the oncoming headlights of life let me know. - Grave keeper

Comment

I was thinking about the title of this tread, and that HotelMinion is in the DC area, as am I. Well DC is one of the Queen* capitals of the east coast. Queens are a dime a dozen. It kind of gives the title a different meaning.

* Modern American definition, not British.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
                I was thinking about the title of this tread, and that HotelMinion is in the DC area, as am I. Well DC is one of the Queen* capitals of the east coast. Queens are a dime a dozen. It kind of gives the title a different meaning.

* Modern American definition, not British.
                Actually, Charlotte NC (2 hrs southwest of me) is known as "The Queen City."

I always thought of DC as the nation's capital and not as a queen, but perhaps that's subjective.

Either way, that wanna be queen in the OP is just a queen - in her own mind.
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                X