Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Manager wants team to chip in on boots...Yeah, um, "No"...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, general consensus seems to be "wait it out", which is what I think I'm gonna do.

Since this team I'm on is a temporary thing, and (hopefully) soon I'm going to be transitioned back to my original team, I may not have to wait long.
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

There are many people working that a $5 "contribution" to some office shit would be the difference between ramen for dinner this week and nothing.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        There are many people working that a $5 "contribution" to some office shit would be the difference between ramen for dinner this week and nothing.
        Agreed.

I'm very fortunate that I'm not in that position, and I probably could afford to chip in the $23.50, but as I've heard before "It's the principle of the thing..."

Comment

This is so stupid, the boots were a gift and he expects you guys to replace the money he spent? It reminds me of a pizza party the management was going to have for the employees as a thank you, but we would have to donate $3 for it. I agree to wait it out and if asked go with the "not in my budget" thing, and if the guy keeps bugging you just tell him you're not gonna pay for his gift.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Zellie Crescent View Post
            This is so stupid, the boots were a gift and he expects you guys to replace the money he spent?
            Apparently so.

This is what I think happened:

The day they bought the boots, I'd already had lunch plans with a friend of mine that works at a different company nearby.

So I went and had lunch with my friend, while this team I'm temporarily on had a "group lunch" with this visitor, and that's when they bought him the boots, I think.

I got absolutely ZERO input into the situation.

Comment

Working...
            X