This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    I hope they wait until December. I think last year they started the week before Black Friday. It would be nice if they'd throw in some TSO or maybe some selections from The Nutcracker, but it's mostly the usual schmaltzy crooners.
    One year they played the theme from Harry Potter. Made me smile every time. I hope they don't start with the Christmas music that early. I think mellow instrumentals would be perfect for a fabric store, and probably cheaper than some of the awful versions of "Santa Baby" that we have to hear.

Oh, I don't know if it's odd, but there are a bunch of covers of Nightmare Before Christmas songs. Sally's Song, covered by Fiona Apple is probably my favorite. Of course, my taste in music is strange. There's this cover of Frosty the Snowman played at my work which everyone seems to hate, but I love it.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

I put a bluetooth speaker in a Jack o'Lantern, connected it to my cell phone, and set up a playlist that included Thriller, Dinner with Drac, and Monster Mash. I also wanted to find copies of The Haunted House of Rock by Whodini, Grim Grinning Ghosts, and Nightmare on My Street. (I am very old.)

Sure, you can set up a diverse playlist of Halloween novelty songs - one playlist lasting about an hour. With Christmas songs, you can get weeks of saturation in every store in Western Civilization. The playlist I created looped three times while the Trick or Treaters were arriving - I'd hate to have to hear it for the next two months.

Merry Halloween.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        They just LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to rush the holidays!
        One of the nearby Kroger stores has already done that - the fall/Thanksgiving decorations are on the "50% off" table with the Halloween stuff. Meanwhile, there's plenty of room for all the Christmas stuff.

Comment

If they're playing Christmas music in the hospital when I go in next week, someone's going to get hurt . . . Six weeks is TOO DAMN EARLY!!!

Comment

Play the Korn version of "Kidnap the Sandy Claws.
            My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Ours started on October 14th. We had a pool going. The songs are mixed in with normal music, and they are kind of "pop" style so it isn't too bad. Plus I have access to the volume button. Muahha.
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Working...
              X