This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your business IS my business

When we get a call in to tow a vehicle away from a repair shop - we have to make sure that no charges are due to the shop. We cannot take the members word for it - we have to call the shop and speak to someone and document who we spoke to. Failure to do so - most contractors will not tow without this information. Also, if we tow a car that has not been paid for - thats technically theft.

I called a station this morning and found out that our member owed money to the shop. Okay. Cancel the call because this money HAS to be paid BEFORE the call to us is even made. We can't take "I'm going there to pay it right now" as a queue to send service.

Call the member and get bitched out because I had "no business getting up into his business" and checking to see if his bills are paid because "I pay MY bills and you have no business getting involved". He further stated that he told the person who took the call that he was going to have it paid before we got there so we had "no right" to call the repair shop.

My response was very professional. "Sorry. We cannot pick up your vehicle until your bill is paid. We can't even accept this call until the bill is paid."

He ranted some more about me being all up in his business and then hung up on me.

Sorry. Pay your bill. That is my business.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Here's another situation that could have been easily resolved if the moron had just not taken something personally.

Yeah, we're trying to pry into your life instead of doing our jobs. Loser.
    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Yeah and my post was just a snippet of the conversation I had with him - if you could call it that. The moment I said I spoke to the station - he freaked out and started in on me - most of it was incomprehensible, but what I could make out was him saying that I had no right and it was none of my business.
      "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Should have told him that how to do your job is none of HIS business.

Comment

Is it weird that I find the phrase "being all up into his business" amusing?
          "Wouldn't that be unethical?"
          "That's only an issue for those who aren't already in Hell."
          --Dilbert

Comment

Don't you just love it when customers try to stop you from doing your job by saying, "It's none of your business" . . . ?

A few years back, there was a letter posted on Planet Feedback from a woman who had tried to pay for a purchase with one of her husband's personal checks. The cashier had asked the woman if she was on the checking account.

The letter writer said, "NOT HER BUSINESS."

I posted a comment on the letter, saying :

Actually, it is VERY MUCH her business. She is the cashier. She is responsible for her register and every transaction that is processed through it.

If she accepts a check that turns out to be bad, she might be held personally responsible for it. Depending on the store's policies, the amount of the check might even be docked from her own paycheck.

And even if she isn't personally reprimanded for it . . . The fact that the store lost money to a bad check would affect every employee in the store, including her.

If the store lost too much money, over time, to such things, they would compensate for it, usually either by cutting payroll (which would hurt not only the employees, but customers as well, as fewer employees means less and slower service) or raising prices (which obviously hurts everybody).

So, if a female customer hands a cashier a check that has a man's name on it, the cashier not only has the right to question it, they have the responsibility to do so.

Quoth Apathy View Post
            Here's another situation that could have been easily resolved if the moron had just not taken something personally.

Yeah, we're trying to pry into your life instead of doing our jobs. Loser.
            Absolutely.

A lot of trouble could avoided if people would stop taking rules like these personally. And if they just opened up their eyes and minds a tiny little bit and saw that if companies and stores didn't have these rules, it would result in a lot more trouble, not to mention financial losses that would eventually be passed on to the customers.

Friendofjimmyk, I'm rather impressed by how well you handled this. I would have been biting my lip to stop myself from giving that guy the telling off that he deserved.
            “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
            “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
            “I don’t know.”
            “Yes, it’s real.”

Comment

He's most likely upset that someone unraveled his perfect Master Plan to skip out on a bill. (At least temporarily, people who try this stuff seem to belive that party "A" can't charge you for anything they did to your car if they don't have it on thier lot)
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I hate when someone tries to tell me how to do my job, when they never done it.
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Its like me asking someone to hook cable up in my apartment and when asked for my address I tell them its none of their business. When the information is needed to complete the job you are requesting, its kind of the business of the company you are patronizing.

Comment

Working...
                  X