This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't Turn Off Wireless Connection on Laptop

I usually switch back and forth between wireless internet and using my ethernet connection. I'm currently using my ethernet cable, but it won't let me disable my wireless. Whenever I try to disable it, I get an error message that says, "It is not possible to disable the connection at this time. This connection may be using one or more protocols that do not support Plug-and-Play, or it may have been initiated by another user or the system account." I'm the only one who uses my laptop so there are no other accounts that could turn it on. My internet works fine, but I'd just rather it be back to normal.

When I go through the Control Panel to the Network Connections, it says even my 1394 Connection is enabled, but it never is. I get the same error message when trying to disable that too.

I tried restarting my laptop and then disabling the connection immediately, but that didn't work.

Edit: Can't even disable my LAN connection.
    "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

I would try reinstalling the wireless driver. If that doesn't work, try the wired driver as well.

Of course, a good scan with something like Antimalware would be a good idea as well... something might have snuck in at glommed on to the hardware.
    There's no such thing as a stupid question... just stupid people.

Comment

Yea, I ran a scan today but nothing came up with that. That's the thing I was majorly fearing.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

Working...
      X