This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two-for-one special today...

1) I have a Zune mp3 player (surprise Christmas gift from my folks). It is lots of fun. Only thing is, I'm a technological idgit and cannot figure out how to delete songs off of it once I've decided I'm tired of them. Any takers?

2) I keep getting this little notice on my computer that says "Updates are ready for your computer, blah blah blah, click to install..." and so forth. I click, it does its thing, but then I get the message that says "Cumulative update for Internet Explorer 7 KB961260 failed to install." What's this mean (aside from the obvious) and what do I do to fix it once and for all? (assuming it can be dealt with)

Thanks for the help in advance!
    ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

On the Zune: I don't have first-hand experience, but many music players can be hooked up to the computer and explored like any other USB drive device. Find the music folder and delete the songs. You may want to check to see if there is a software interface, as that could make things easier.

With my PSP, I keep a folder with a copy of my current music choices on the computer, then I can just swap what I want and copy the whole folder if I make a lot of changes. This does require that you keep in mind how much storage space you have.
    The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
    "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
    Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

About the update: Have you tried to download the update and install manually?

Since you didn't mention your Windows OS, here's the link for XP, and here's the link for Vista.

I'd try that first. If that doesn't work, or you've tried that already, let us know!

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
        About the update: Have you tried to download the update and install manually?
        How do you do that? (Told you I was a technological imbecile. )

BTW, my OS is Windows XP.
        ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

That's OK - Here's how to do it:

Download the update here.

Just click on the link above, then click on the 'Download' button. The Microsoft download page opens, then your browser's download window should open.

Specify a location for the download, then click 'Save', and wait until it's done (Don't know what internet connection you have, but at over 8MB, could be awhile over dial-up). Or, if you're using IE, you can select 'Open' at the download window, and it will then download, then start the installer. If you're not, after it's done, just double-click on the IE7-WindowsXP-KB961260-x86-ENU.exe file where you downloaded it.

When it's runs it probably will bug you to close out IE if you were using it for the download. Go ahead, it will install, and probably want to do a reboot after. After that, you should be all set!

And, like I said, if you go through all that and still have trouble, just let us know!

Comment

Quoth RichS View Post
            And, like I said, if you go through all that and still have trouble, just let us know!
            Tried to DL it tonight (I hit 'run' when the popup box came up; maybe that had something to do with it? I am on dialup so I'll wait till later to do another attempt), and everything ran ok till I got this error message that said "KB961260 Setup Error - Files from the package are incompatible with files on your system".

Comment

Working...
            X