This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WTF, mate? (long and a bit ranty!)

Seriously, you'd think the world has ended, given the calls pouring into our support center tonight. It's after hours, people, which means there are two (or for a short while, three, tonight, since our sup stayed late to help). Here is just a sampling of what's been going on.

K, the other rep here with me til late, got a call for a part request. Fine and good, until the tech called back, 10 min later, requesting we do an NFO--Next Flight Out. It is a lengthy and expensive process. K has basically been out of commission since then, working on that issue. In the end, the part was not available, so after 2+ hours of work on her part, it won't happen anyways.

Because of this, I got bombarded and was basically the only one taking calls. I got some of these gems.

A woman from a Police Dept in CA calls in, obviously she's pretty wound up/freaked out, as some of their equipment is down. Over the next two hours, even after a tech calls and gives her his ETA, she calls us 5 times looking for updates, requesting we re-page the tech, generally freaking out and being altogether condescending the whole time. Once he gets to site, turns out there was a power outage, it took him ten minutes to bypass a bad power supply, and he's outta there. When I call the crazy lady back to get approval to close, she's chewing on a carrot in my ear, happy as a clam, like she hasn't been abusing us all night long.

The tech involved in the above call was the exact opposite of the customer, but not in a good way. He was so laid back that he ignored repeated pages and acted like it was no big deal that this woman kept calling us--he had no intention of calling her before he got to site.

I got two calls from a woman who is basically doing work for two of our worthless CSM's and closing out their cases. Unfortunately, she didn't have the case numbers, and half the cases had already been closed. So we wasted a good deal of time on that endeavor--though I'll give it to her, she was very pleasant.

I got one call from a guy who likes to call in after hours and email me case notes so I can open multiple cases for him and he doesn't have to stay on the line with me. Of course, he doesn't know the site ID's or any of the really useful information, so I have to spend more time searching in between calls.

I got a call from one of our techs who is employed by my company, they're usually the cool ones. This one, not so much. He was ticked off because he'd opened a records management case to address why he wasn't getting case notifications this morning, and no one had contacted him. Why he called back after normal business hours expecting anything more than me updating the notes, I have no idea. He pitched a fit and finally calmed down when I offered to email the case owner and have them call him tomorrow with some sort of update, but still proceeded to pout and whine s'more before I got him off the phone.

And that's just a small sampling of what's been going on tonight. On the bright side, I'm now the only person in my company who can get ahold of O, our tech in El Salvador. I've gotten ahold of him twice today--normally you have to leave a VM and wait forever for him to call back, but he picks up the phone for me.

Ah, only 10 more minutes til 3rd shift comes on and I can take a break.
    "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford
Working...
X