Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm probably the only one in the store who's amused by this.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm probably the only one in the store who's amused by this.

Going through stacks of prescriptions preparatory to filing them in the drawer. It's a two-pass process; first they get put in numerical order and rubberbanded; then I go back through them again to find if any numbers are missing before putting them in folders.. This last step isn't strictly necessary, but it's useful to know if you've lost a prescription before the insurance auditor shows up.

(Possible causes of missing numbers: Controlled substances get filed in a different stack; prescriptions might have been typed wrong and retyped under a different number (it's only an Error if the patient received it: otherwise it's a Prevented Error); patients might have freaked out over the copay and decided they didn't really want that $700 acne pill anyway, and so forth. I research the script in the computer, the drawers, stray papers floating around, etc. and document what happened to that number. Deleted, C-IV, Hold, etc., write same on a scrap of paper and file it where that number goes. So far I've tracked almost everything down.)

So I'm looking, and find that RX number 136404 is missing...

Have you checked the trap in the bit bucket drain under the computer?
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth the server, "404."
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

http://www.bash.org/?120296

Indeed, Seshat Good ol' Bash.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Took me a second. That's great!
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
          X