This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Propositioning paramedics: maybe not a good idea

Last night I was running some errands and had one of my kids and my extra kid with me. Things were taking longer than they should have, and the kids were hungry. So was I, but because of my allergies, I don't eat fast food. There's too much risk. But I decided to take the kids to the Golden Arches so at least they would be fed. They ordered nuggets, and as hungry as I was, I thought that I would be safe with those, so I got some for me. Well, I was wrong. I ft the tell tale signs of a reaction gearing up while I was driving. My son actually figured it out before I did and had my epi pen out already when I went to reach for it. I got pulled into a parking lot while he called 911.

So they get there and get me stable enough to transport. This is when I realize that the paramedic working on me was extremely hot. I don't know what came over me. They were chatting with me about silly stuff, just to keep me talking and we got on the topic of planning a party that was safe for all the food allergies between me and both of the paramedics (the other one was a woman who was also hot). So on my drug and anaphylaxis induced altered brain state, I quite innocently told them that we should all play doctor as a party game. Ack!

Please tell me that paramedics don't judge patients for this. I would be mortified if they thought I was serious. Though thinking about it, it really was hysterical.
    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

they dont judge patients for this, you where obviously altered, But i did giggle

Comment

I've got a couple of friends who are former paramedics - what you described is pretty mild compared to their stories! I'm sure they chuckled about it though

Comment

LOL When Rob was volunteering with Va Beach 1 there was a run with some smoking hot woman they picked up at a restaurant with a case of epi-pen madness who kept trying to convince he and the other guy to do a threesome as soon as they got to the ER and were near a bed
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

People say and do weird things when they're sick, under the influence of drugs/medicine or otherwise out of it. That's probably one of the first things they teach trainee EMTs.
          I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
          My LiveJournal
          A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth mathnerd View Post
            Please tell me that paramedics don't judge patients for this. I would be mortified if they thought I was serious. Though thinking about it, it really was hysterical.
            Don't worry, we don't. I've been propositioned, threatened, chased, and even groped by patients with altered mental status.

Quoth XCashier View Post
            People say and do weird things when they're sick, under the influence of drugs/medicine or otherwise out of it. That's probably one of the first things they teach trainee EMTs.
            They don't teach this in EMT school, but you learn it quickly enough once you hit the streets.

Comment

My husband's 90 year old great grandma hit on the paramedics after she broke her hip!
              "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
                My husband's 90 year old great grandma hit on the paramedics after she broke her hip!
                I believe it. I had one 80 year old guy grab a boob and start feeling it up when I was trying to turn him. He got mad when I made him let go, too.
                They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Yikes! Y'all stories definite make my words seem tame. I feel so much better now. Well, at least I don't feel like a complete idiot.
                  Last edited by mathnerd; 06-01-2015, 01:22 AM. Reason: Correcting typos caused by a bad mix of post-op meds and autocorrect
                  At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

My friend Alex had a funny turn after eating sandwiches that got contaminated with ant powder(that's a whole other story).On arrival at the hospital,he was seen to by a large Jamaican doctor. Alex promptly announced 'Ah.Here comes the Black Reaper' and passed out for the rest of the day.....
                    The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Quoth Dytchdoctir View Post
                      They don't teach this in EMT school, but you learn it quickly enough once you hit the streets.
                      Something tells me it's a rite of passage. "Ssh, don't tell the new guy! Let him learn it for himself, just like we did!"

Comment

Working...
                      X