This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most profound statement I've ever heard from a customer

This guy is a regular and while I don't know the nature of his disability, I see a pattern of just blurting out thoughts or questions, sometimes in a rapid-fire manner, as he did today. He tends to have suggestions about how the business should run, especially in cafe. I suppose this gem came out because I'd run to the restroom and he had to wait 30 seconds:

"If [Company] wanted to stay in business for 100 years, it could get a robot in cafe."

Wow, how many times have we said that customers think we are robots that live in the backroom? It's a joke, but it kind of isn't. I was kind of floored to hear that come out of someone's mouth.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Hopefully the robots will be allowed to kill SC's and EW's...

Comment

I'm sure a robot would take his job too. If he has one.

Comment

But if a robot took over, I bet it wouldn't open early, or give half the amount of stupid discounts that real people do. If these people thought it through... Oh wait. Thinking is not in their bag of tricks. Complaining about waiting for less than a minute is.

Lately idiots giving suggestions has shot way up on my annoyance meter. It says something bad about a person when they feel so superior that they need to tell everyone how wrong they're doing things.
        Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Heck with driverless cars coming out soon (yeah right) all my pizza place would need to do is require a CC for delivery, cook the order, place it in a robot vehicle, and send said vehicle on its way. easy as pie.

NOT going to happen all that soon.
          I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
          -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Definitely not going to happen soon.

- Pizza place would have to pay for capital cost, gas, and maintenance on the vehicle, rather than getting the delivery guy to pay for it.

- Do you seriously think customers will go to the effort of walking to the street to collect their pizza? It's gotta be delivered to their door, which an autonomous car can't do.

- How is the car going to make sure it's the customer, rather than some random person, who collects the cheesy goodness?
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
              - How is the car going to make sure it's the customer, rather than some random person, who collects the cheesy goodness?
              ID's these days tend to have barcodes on them --- "Please scan ID to receive your product *beeep*" ... And robots can have cameras on them for the inevitable calls from scamming SCs who claim that their food was never delivered.
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                ID's these days tend to have barcodes on them --- "Please scan ID to receive your product *beeep*" ... And robots can have cameras on them for the inevitable calls from scamming SCs who claim that their food was never delivered.
                I'm thinking the car would have a QR reader that would send a code to the cell phone that was used to order the pizza, and the shop would charge to the offered credit card.

When the car arrives outside your house, it texts your cell phone telling you that the pizza's arrived. You go out, either slide your card or pay online, use the QR code to unlock the warmer, and collect the cheesy goodness. Of course, you still have to leave the house, which coud be a challenge depending on how stoned you are, and presumably a bathrobe would have to be involved...

Live drivers for landlines.

Comment

Quoth Aria View Post
                  I'm sure a robot would take his job too. If he has one.
                  It's a derivation of a little phenomenon called "Creative Destruction".
                  Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    It's gotta be delivered to their door, which an autonomous car can't do.
                    It might be able to, depending on the suspension, the terrain between the road and the door, and the willingness of the designers to show up in CS's Roadkill section.

Comment

Even if robots took over the customer service job, people would still bitch because they wouldn't have a person that they can feel superior to. And they'd complain the robot was "rude" because the robot said, "No," and refused to budge from it's pre-programmed list of policies. They would complain because the robot didn't "get" their problem and couldn't resolve the issue, because that particular issue has never been encountered.. The list just grows.

And no one would want to subject an AI to these people. I'd rather not have Skynet happen all because of an SC.
                      If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
                      X