X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever had a nightmare about your work?

Or a product?

So I had a freaking nightmare based on these ty plushies. My work hasn't been carrying them for very long. They have huge eyes, and they look way creepier in person than online. In the dream I was in a big old house, and there were little kids in white pajamas silently standing in the doorways of a long hallway. Their eyes were big like the plushies. But solid black. There was no color in the dream. Also, when you looked at them you could hear a high screaming/hissing sound.

I woke myself up, which I seem to do whenever a dream gets too scary. It was raining pretty hard and a bit windy, which I believe explains the sound. This was still less scary than the zombie dream I had a while ago.

A long time ago I also had a nightmare that a customer at work was insisting that I cut out her pattern for her, and the fabric was brocade. Then Old Manager came and made me use the floor to cut out all the pieces.

Am I the only person who has these type of dreams?
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Back in the early 90's (about '93ish I think), I worked at the big yellow M and we had the 2 for $2 Big Mac special going on. They were selling out faster than we could make them, and one night I had a dream about an endless line of customers, filling up the lobby, out the door, around the building and straight out to the sidewalk and beyond.

I actually had an anxiety attack or two about not being able to keep up. (not in the dream)

Comment

Not at all. I've seen them referred to as "workmares". I have them quite frequently. Usually the dream is, I have a project that absolutely has to be done and there are either lots of stupid people pestering me and getting in my way, or physical obstacles that are nigh-impossible to deal with.

One memorable workmare had me fighting against a tide of never-ending shoppers as I was trying to close the store. I tried to run to lock the door, but it felt like I was running through knee-high molasses. And the customers just kept coming and coming, even climbing over the cutting counter and cash register counters!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I had them so often the first time I worked at Motel Hell that I got to where I could recognize when I was having one and, in the dream itself, start bitching out the guests wanting to check in. Apparently my brain does not like being called on its crap, because whenever I would start telling the guests to go fuck themselves, the dream would always end.
        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

I once had one where it got completely asinine busy at my old job and I was trying to keep up and all of a sudden I stopped, said I'm done and just calmly walked out back, signed out and left, lol. Not so much a nightmare but started off hellish anyway.

Comment

I've had recurring dreams of not being able to lock up/leave the store before. WHat triggered them was when we made the switch to the current register system a few years back, and were told we absolutely had to be signed off by a certain time each night. Now, these dreams come back every so often, where the door won't lock, people keep coming in, etc. I've had other work dreams, too, but none that repeat or reiterate themselves like that scenario does. As for the OP, those plushies are CREEPY. No wonder you had a nightmare about them!
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Gaaaah! Zombie hypnotic plushies!

Comment

Lots of times I have dreams where I'm supposed to be at work but I'm running late. Usually have those when I've worked a closing shift and have to be back in the morning. I've had a few that were like being at work and just being really annoyed with things and one where I had customers yelling at me. When I woke up, it was people on TV yelling the same stuff from my dream. I hate when I sleep with the TV on but I usually love taking a good nap.
                I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

I had one recently that started out with me driving down the road being chased by a haunted house (which would take way too long to explain, but trust me, the house was haunted!) I finally arrived at a building, went inside and some lady told me to go with "the other candidates" into a room. I had/have no idea what we were "candidates" for, but I follow directions

I go into the room and there's a bunch of people sitting in a row of aluminum chairs, ALL of them dressed in suits or interview-type outfits. I look up at the dais and there sit my District Manager and Regional Manager. So, I'm thinking I must have been chosen as a candidate for Assistant Manager Trainee (a position I am neither applying for nor want, mind you!)

So what happens? Of course! I look down and see that I am dressed in my pajamas!!!! LOL

Comment

Nightmares, no. But, when i was working for the supermarket and trying to earn some extra cash before heading off to University i pulled extra-extra shifts.

I, more than once, dreamed i was at work and half woke to realise i was sitting up, holding my bedcovers attempting to "scan" them. I'd have to force myself to let go and lie back down.

Comment

I have a recurring dream about being back at my first job. It was lifegaurding, and I rather liked the job, but in the dream, I'm just there, working, and realize I haven't been certified by the Red Cross to do what I'm doing for, oh, a decade or so. I'm always really worried about that, but nobody ever says anything. The only other work-related dream I've had was when I was IRL worried about being late one more time. In the dream, I somehow teleported myself to work just by wishing really hard.

EDIT: Sometimes I can also realize I'm dreaming. When that happens I try to fly, and it usually works. Also I can apparently telekenetically blow up objects at the local Yellow Pricetag. I only had that particular one once (the blowing up part, flying is a rather common occurrence during my Midnight Movies) and haven't actually worked there (though Hubby has) so maybe I was absorbing his angst and dealing with it through dreams?
                      Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 11-08-2015, 05:39 PM.
                      "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

I've had dreams about being late, trying to catch a bus (usually in my old neighborhood) and every bus that comes by is filled with teenagers going to school and I can't seem to catch the bus that goes downtown.
                        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I have a recurring dream about the paper route. I'm on the route, and for some reason I don't know which houses I'm supposed to deliver to so I just sort of guess and throw the papers where I think they are supposed to go and hope for the best.
                          Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

I have a recurring dream about work and while not exactly a nightmare it does upset me.

In my dream, my desk has been made much smaller and it's been pushed into the middle of the corridor so everyone can see my screens when they walk past which is constantly and they have to go around me.

Comment

I had a dream last night about a terrorist attack at work. I was hiding under a desk and the terrorists were either in the room with me or very close.

Guess I watched too much CNN last night.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X