This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I have.

It usually involves me having to make up for the fuckups, and laziness of others, in insane situations. They are horrible dreams, and I am usually cranky the next day at work sfter them.
    "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

Quoth Victory Sabre View Post
      They are horrible dreams, and I am usually cranky the next day at work after them.
      Yes, workmares do that. You wake up all stressed out and even more tired then you were when you went to bed.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Golden Phoenix View Post

I, more than once, dreamed i was at work and half woke to realise i was sitting up, holding my bedcovers attempting to "scan" them. I'd have to force myself to let go and lie back down.
        When I was regularly taking naps (before my schedule became more sane) I couldn't sleep because every time I drifted off imaginary customers would be at my bedside wanting me to ring them up.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

I don't typically remember my dreams.

I've only had one dream I can remember that involved me and my place of work. It wasn't a nightmare, exactly, but for some reason in the dream, I started pacing around the cube farm and cutting a wrestling promo like WWE's Bray Wyatt-- even quoting whole portions of some of his early promos-- while everyone stared at me.

Oddly, given how much wrestling I watch, this is the ONLY wrestling dream I've had that I can remember with such clarity.
          PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Last winter I had a dream that we had a straggler customer, so we can't close obviously, and turn off the lights. Because of that, people think we're open and keep coming in. The worst part was though, two days after I dreamt that it actually happened! I ended up getting out 15 minutes late!

Comment

Back when I was a bank teller (2003) I was robbed by a notepasser. It was scary but I got thru it and all the questions afterwards. Anyway, that night I had the one and only dream about it. The guy kind of swaggered up to my window and just grinned at me (in the dream not in reality). I just looked at him and said, "That's NOT the way it happened!" and the dream just stopped.
              "They gave me a badge with my name on it. In case I forget who I am." Dr Who - Closing Time

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage-Mythbusters

Comment

In the early 80's I worked for a supervisor who was really strict - like I was not allowed to take a letter out of the typewriter until she came and sat down at my desk to proofread it. I started to have nightmares that she was chasing me trying to kill me. She thought it was hilarious
                "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

I've had dreams about visiting my old office, or dreams where I received an email from my old boss asking me to do some work for him, when I haven't worked for a while.
                  cindybubbles (👧 ❤️ 🎂 )

Enter Cindyland here!

Comment

I've been having them over the past three weeks since I started my new job in a restaurant.

My new manager is one of those who wants things done a certain way, but everyone else in the building (above and below him) does it another. And since he's so intimidating to ask questions to, I end up trying to do tasks the way others have told me. This leads to me getting constantly stopped and berated.

So I just have these scenes in my head while I try to sleep of burgers, french fries, crab cakes, macaroni, etc. with just super high anxiety and the fear of getting yelled at.

Comment

Working...
                    X