Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a normal afternoon in the French Quarter, nothing to see/hear...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a normal afternoon in the French Quarter, nothing to see/hear...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbH3HJvh2N0

Doreen Ketchens on clarinet, down on Royal Street in da' Quarter. Ya see, friends from outta town, this is what I mean when I talk about street music in New Orleans.

(source: http://www.viralvo.com/clarinet/)
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Wow; field trip to visit Eric, y'all!
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Heh. Wish I still lived there ^_^ I'm usually down there for the St Patrick's Day parade, though.

Still a worthy place to visit, of course!
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

I missed my annual visit this year, and it doesn't look good for next year either.
        I miss the place so much.

Darn lottery isn't cooperating, though, and the airline and hotels don't take pocket lint or buttons.

I've had my eye on a loaf of bread for a while now, though, and I think I will soon be able to afford it.
        So, no travel for Ree in the near future.
        Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

Pretty. It's taken me years to like the clarinet. When I was little and my mom was at work I stayed with a lady who taught piano and her who husband played clarinet. As a joke, he would make it shriek. Can't think of a better way to describe it. Probably most kids would giggle, but I've always hated sudden high pitched sounds (apparently even before age 6), so it put me off for a long time. Anyway, it's nice.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Working...
          X