This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 27 8x10 color glossy photographs

with circles and arrows and paragraph on the back of each one to be used as evidence against us

A must listen to on or near Thanksgiving
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

You took the roll of toilet paper and I can't escape!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

A radio station where I grew up played that song at noon every Thanksgiving day for decades. It was a tradition that ended when the station got absorbed by a huge media conglomerate and turned into yet another bland, cookie cutter 'rock' station that never, EVER strays from its very short and narrow playlist.

Comment

Quoth CyberLurch View Post
        A radio station where I grew up played that song at noon every Thanksgiving day for decades. It was a tradition that ended when the station got absorbed by a huge media conglomerate and turned into yet another bland, cookie cutter 'rock' station that never, EVER strays from its very short and narrow playlist.
        Bummer. One of the Boston radio stations has actually gone the other direction. They used to play it at noon; now, they play it at 9AM, noon, and 4PM.

*goes to sit on the Group W bench*
        Goofy music!
        Old tech junk!

Comment

"I wanna eat dead burnt bodies!" an appropriate T-Day thought.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
            "I wanna eat dead burnt bodies!" an appropriate T-Day thought.
            *pins a medal on dalesys* "You're our boy."

".....A Thanksgiving dinner that couldn't be beat....."
            Goofy music!
            Old tech junk!

Comment

I saw Arlo perform the Massacree with the Utah Symphony Orchestra. He dressed up real nice with white tennis shoes...
              Anybody else notice that it's "photographs" on the '67 original album but "pictures" on the '97 "Revisited" take?

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                I saw Arlo perform the Massacree with the Utah Symphony Orchestra. He dressed up real nice with white tennis shoes...
                Anybody else notice that it's "photographs" on the '67 original album but "pictures" on the '97 "Revisited" take?
                He uses it both ways on the '67 album. Initially, it's 'photographs', but he uses 'pictures' at least once during their mention in the courtroom section. Think he goes back to 'photographs' at least once when he's retelling it at the draft office.

".....and then he looked at the seeing-eye dog....."
                Goofy music!
                Old tech junk!

Comment

I actually don't live too far from where it took place. I'm hoping to convince my wife for us to make a drive to take a few pictures

Comment

Oh, I forgot to listen to it this year.
                    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Folk songs are serious. That's what Pete Seeger told me. "Arlo I only want to tell you one thing...folk songs are serious". I said "right".
                      Let's do it in C for Clam...
                      Let's do it in B...for boy that's a big clam...
                      Let' s do it in G for Gee, I hope that big clam don't see me.
                      Let's do it in F...for he sees me.
                      Let's do it back in A...for A clam is coming.

Comment

Now we can start playing the next song.

"You need an atmosphere where your natural bastardness can grow and develop and take meaningful form"

Comment

Am I the only (other?) one who enjoys the songs on the other side of the album? Yes, there's more to Alice's Restaurant than just the massacree..........

I don't want a pickle...
                          Goofy music!
                          Old tech junk!

Comment

Quoth AdamAnt316 View Post
                            ... more to Alice's Restaurant than just the massacree...
                            You've got to sing this song with enthusiasm, like you just squashed a cop.

Comment

Working...
                            X