This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear Santa...

For Christmas I would like an Idiot Stick. Over the past few weeks I've been harassed by the following idiots:

People a foot and a half taller than me asking me to reach things down. Yes, I know the shelf is high but they can reach it perfectly well and I'm only 5'2".

People with body odour worse than something that's been dead longer than I've been alive.

Yes, that is a CD playing. Yes, it is mine. Yes, it was imported. No, I won't sell it to you, especially at the pitifully low price you've suggested. And no, you weren't joking - I could tell by that rabid look you had in your eyes.

Moronic mothers and old people on mobility scooters who think it's perfectly okay to ram into the back of my legs as opposed to using the simple phrase "Excuse me". Yes, I know it's too much for their little brains to comprehend but this is why I need my Idiot Stick.

The eejits that don't understand that we're a charity and I'm not haggling prices. Especially on the brand new, still tagged, designer piece of clothing that we're selling for £5 and is still in the original shop for £50.

Other staff members who don't quite understand that I don't take sugar in my tea or coffee. Even if they asked me 30 seconds beforehand. Or didn't read the sign by the kettle that says "Moonlight does not have sugar in her drinks". Then get all offended when I don't drink whatever they've made me.

I don't want any other gifts this Christmas (except maybe for Peace and Goodwill to all man). But if you could deliver said Idiot Stick before the beginning of December I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
    Moonlight,
    Harassed Charity Worker
    Idiot-proofing myself since 1997

It's not the eejit or idiot stick it's actually called a Clue by 4. It comes in the shape of and made in the same material as a 2X4 with the word "CLUE" in LARGE RED letters
    You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take,and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do take.

Pirates Vs. Ninjas. Which would you choose? http://s1.darkpirates.com/c.php?uid=40174

Comment

Quoth Brightglaive View Post
      It's not the eejit or idiot stick it's actually called a Clue by 4. It comes in the shape of and made in the same material as a 2X4 with the word "CLUE" in LARGE RED letters
      LOL Do you think Santa will know what I mean?! Maybe I should amend my letter before I send it?!

Comment

An Edeeot stick is just an off-brand of the Clue by Four.
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

No no no. You want a Cluebat, not an Idiot Stick or a Clue-By-Four. Cluebats have a nice rubberized grip and make that wonderful metallic "PING!!" noise.

Comment

Ah, but only the Clue by Four has the option of a Logic Nail™.
            Those who are loudest about their qualifications, tend to have the least merit to their claims.

Comment

I just want a taser so I can watch them writhe in agony as I zap them.

I would, however, settle for learning the Vulcan neck pinch. "I'd be more than happy to help you out (of consciousness)!"
              The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I want a cattle prod.

It would come in handy as a motivational, instructional, punitive and crowd-control tool
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

That cattle prod sounds good . . .

How about a trapdoor at every register and one at the end of every aisle that operates by remote control that can fit on a keychain?

"Gee, I don't know where that customer just went to that was yelling about the Sprite being out of stock . . .he was just here a second ago."

Jewelry sounds good too.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

How about tear gas for Black Friday?!

If the store gets too out of control, if women are beating each other and wrestling over *insert newest musthave toy here*, if customers are practically looting and rioting....

Whoooooof!

That'll fix it. That's what they use in Madison when riots get out of control.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Can we somehow rig up that cattle prod to work through phonelines? Bring me 15 - enough for my entire call-center group!

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                        Can we somehow rig up that cattle prod to work through phonelines? Bring me 15 - enough for my entire call-center group!
                        Couldn't get the cattle prod to work (well, it's still early morning) but how about one of those nice, high-pitched whistles? We can put it on a nice necklace and everything.

All suggestions have been duly noted and will be faxed to head office/Lapland later today.

Comment

Quoth Moonlight View Post
                          Couldn't get the cattle prod to work (well, it's still early morning) but how about one of those nice, high-pitched whistles? We can put it on a nice necklace and everything.

All suggestions have been duly noted and will be faxed to head office/Lapland later today.
                          Except the bosses would hear those. While they generally support us (my sup was going more crazy over a miserable call than I was yesterday while she was sitting in) we might not want them to know how *often* we use 'em.

Comment

Quoth Reyneth View Post
                            Except the bosses would hear those. While they generally support us (my sup was going more crazy over a miserable call than I was yesterday while she was sitting in) we might not want them to know how *often* we use 'em.
                            Hmmm time to go back to the drawing board. I'm sure there's a way to send a nice big jolt of electricity down a phone line at the touch of a button. Now, would you like a nice big red button or a little remote control you can hide under the desk?!

Comment

Quoth Moonlight View Post
                              Hmmm time to go back to the drawing board. I'm sure there's a way to send a nice big jolt of electricity down a phone line at the touch of a button. Now, would you like a nice big red button or a little remote control you can hide under the desk?!
                              Both please, Santa!

Comment

Working...
                              X