Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm requesting to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas, its time and a half plus on christmas I'll get like a $75 gift card for working

The only holiday that is annoying me is Halloween.. I want to dress the big guy up and take him to see my parents and grandparents, plus other family.. but all of the high school/college kids are requesting it off so they can go boozing, thus leaving a bunch of us with kids unsure if we'll even get the night off.

Comment

We have the request-off book too. I'm volunteering to do Thanksgiving and Christmas Eve (we're closed on Christmas) so I can hopefully be spared New Year's Eve or morning. It's nice, because we close at 3 on Thanksgiving and 6 on Christmas Eve - just in time for the festivities at my house.

Comment

And this is one of the many reasons I am so glad I got myself installed into a generic office position. We're closed all of the major holidays, and if it's a problem, one or two kids can come into the office with their parents as long as they're behaved.

Back when I worked the ticket booth at Medieval Times, however, I would gladly work all of the holidays. The only family I really cared about lived in the same house as I did or too far away to really visit easily (especially with how poor we usually were), so I didn't have any obligations, and that double time paycheck was always really nice.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
        X