Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heh, I had to re-read "The Hive" to refresh my memory. I got it now.

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
      50 dollars for a t-shirt?

Peanuts!!

An ex-flatmate once showed me her favourite garment - white t-shirt, cut on the bias (whatever that means) and off-the-shoulder on one side. It cost her 140 pounds. IN NINETEEN NINETY FIVE!!!! (that's about 250 dollars, I believe.)

It was a nice t-shirt, I will admit, but come on!
      damn! I picked up something like that at Family Dollar for $5!

:thinks:

Is she a size 8?

Get well soon, Gravekeeper. You know we love you.
      Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
        A cross and a few bed time tuck in's with handcuffs should curb that.
        Sounds like some Monday afternoons...

I'm going to crawl back to my sickness pit now. -.-
        Hope you feel better soon!!!!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Panhandler: "Can you spare some change, I'm pregnant. I need change."

Says the scruffy Jesus looking guy by the Starbucks up on Granville.
          Fanfic MPREG is REAL!?!?!?! *runs and hides*

Wouldn't want to be backed over by someone's sports utility penis enhancement.
          *snicker* More like sports utility penis compensation.

As to the sickness, one word: NyQuil. Gooooooooooood shit.
          ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

To fully explain I offer a visual aid. This is what she was staring directly at ( As it appears directly next to the picture of the item on the website ).

First off, let me state that I don't think this idiot was missing anything on their screen.

However, there has been more than on occasion where I have loaded a web page that has graphical buttons and the buttons themselves have completely failed to load. Any site that has buttons that are purely graphical with no text-based replacements needs to have their designers slapped, repeatedly, with a noodle-wrapped tuna. (this goes doubly-so for a site like PayPal where you're dealing with money)

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

What was the problem you ask? She spent $2 on an animated gif and it didn't work on her cell phone. Yes, she paid money for an animated gif. That alone disqualifies her from ever being allowed to touch any form of technology more advanced then an FM radio.
              Get well soon grave!

On my phone, animated gifs can be used as a screen saver... maybe she tried to do it as the "wallpaper"... my phone only displays the first frame with that.
              MMO Addicts group

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                However, there has been more than on occasion where I have loaded a web page that has graphical buttons and the buttons themselves have completely failed to load.
                ^-.-^
                But....its not a graphical button... >.>

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
                  An ex-flatmate once showed me her favourite garment - white t-shirt, cut on the bias (whatever that means) and off-the-shoulder on one side.
                  But ... but ... t-shirts are made of knit fabrics! Bias-cut doesn't have the same effect on a knit fabric. Knits already drape well.

I can picture the garment, though. Two seams, hem, neck treatment, possible sleeve insertion. Unless the fabric itself was hugely expensive, a halfway-competent dressmaker could make the same thing, fitted to her personally, for significantly less.
                  A friend who sews could do it for the cost of fabric plus your friend doing some labour for her of equal worth. (I'd sew something like that for anyone who was willing to mow my lawn and attack the edges with a whippersnipper. I hate lawnmowing, but love a well-tended lawn.)
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Bagga View Post
                    50 dollars for a t-shirt?

Peanuts!!

An ex-flatmate once showed me her favourite garment - white t-shirt, cut on the bias (whatever that means) and off-the-shoulder on one side. It cost her 140 pounds. IN NINETEEN NINETY FIVE!!!! (that's about 250 dollars, I believe.)

It was a nice t-shirt, I will admit, but come on!
                    That, my friends, is why I took up sewing. It's generally cheaper to get similar fabric and make your own stuff. And you can add your own creative touches to it.

I love telling the local teenagers exactly why I'm "too good" for Hot Topic. The "combat" boots are often not real leather. (If you're going to charge triple digits for Nice Boots, I expect a cow to die in order to make them.)

The garments are poorly made with cheap fabric. And most of their sizes are unrealistic for anyone over the age of 15. I can do much better with my sewing machine. The only time I would buy stuff from Hot Topic is to get some cute stripey socks or hair accessories.

Speaking of which, I hope to finish drafting my overskirt pattern tonight now that I figured out what the hell I'm doing. Japanese pattern books that I can't read, FTW.
                    A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

tigeress i think i love (don't worry kara love you more) and wonder what it would take to get you to make me a short cape...

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
                        tigeress i think i love (don't worry kara love you more) and wonder what it would take to get you to make me a short cape...
                        Show me what you have in mind and give me your measurements and I'll see what I can do.
                        A smile is just a grimace that's been edited for public consumption. -- Tony Cochran

Comment

lol well to be truthful i was thinking about starting to put together either a viking custome (in a more female way) or a Morrigan/Morrigu costume for my veriose geek needs and the reason i say a cape is because most of its easy to assemble. If i want to morigan i can easily find a nice long black skirt (or assemble one) and a matching blank shirt and apply some nice chaining to make it look like i have armor. I already own an over robe (blue velvet, i wore it at prom instead of a dress i also use it for harry potter showings and i got it for 5 bucks) that i can easily add the right prettys to make it look like a warror goddes shroud. its just if you ancient and your proper you have a cape to go to war... and i cant make a cape (ive tried...) and i have a pretty old stony pendant wanting to be adorned on a war cape bad...

Comment

I already have armor, now I need to get my but in gear and get under-armor wear. My fiance made me what was originally a dress out of titanium and brass chain mail, but now he has taken it apart and it is in 2 pieces a bustier/skirt thing and mantle.
                            The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Im a big girl realish armor doesnt work i need to go with faux chainmail-death look.
                              besides real armor will not do with the pendant

Comment

Quoth Kara_CS View Post
                                And yet still faster than the average Nunavut...uh... Nunavuter?
                                This was answered in a thread a few months ago...I can't remember what the word was but I do remember thinking that only people from Nunavut would come up with something like that.

Oh, wait, I found it!

Quoth Banrion (August 7, 2007)
                                nitpick Its inhabitants are called Nunavummiut, singular Nunavummiuq./nitpick

Besides, how do you pronounce Nunavummiuq???

Quoth Me:)
                                Nunavut ends with a T!! Where the hell do they get two Ms from? and what's with the Q?!!
                                Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 10-09-2007, 11:56 PM. Reason: Found it!
                                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
                                X