This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seriously How Old Are You?

I work a couple different jobs right now, the one with the most entertaining stories has to be security at a concert venue.

Now this venue isn't a huge venue, I would call it a medium sized venue. I also work at some small club sized venues as well, but for the sake of most of my stories just picture it at a medium sized venue.

the last concert we was a pretty rowdy group of people the band was a gangster rap group. I supervise the front doors during most events so most people come to me when they lose something since I am easy to find and I have a radio to check with anyone else if they have had anything turned in to them.

Over halfway through the last concert I had a lady walk up to me concerned because she lost her wallet. Below is a description of our conversation the ensued.

M = Me
    CB = Cry baby Concert patron
    PD = police officer
    O= Owner

M: Hi can I help you with something?
    CB: Yes I lost my wallet
    M: Ok can you describe your wallet to me and I can see if anyone has turned anything in?
    CB: yes it is . . . (describes wallet)
    M: (get on radio) has anyone turned in a wallet that looks like . . . .
    no reply
    M: Sorry nothing has been turned in yet
    CB: Well go in there and find it
    M: I am sorry I can't go in there and find your wallet I have a job to do out here, I have notified security inside and if they see it while they are doing there job they will let me know. Did you go into the bar at all?
    CB: No I didn't go into the bar . . . . . Well I did for a minute but I didn't lose my wallet up there.
    M: I will let the bar staff know to keep an eye out for your wallet as well.
    CB: Well why can't you go in there and find it for me?
    M: As I have told you I am the only one on the front doors right now I can not leave my post you are more then welcome to go inside and look for it yourself. but more then likely you are going to have to wait until the end of the show when most of the people have left before we can try to find your wallet
    CB: *throws herself down on the ground and starts kicking and screaming* I want my wallet is have my ID in it and over $300 I want it NOW!!!
    M: I am sorry I can not leave my post but we will keep an eye out for your wallet you will need to wait until the end of the show before we can have one person walk around looking for your wallet.
    CB: I WANT MY WALLET NOW *still kicking and screaming on the ground

At this point the owner walks out of the building

O: What is going on here?
    CB: I lost my wallet and I have to have it NOW
    O: Well it is crowded in there right now, but if you need to leave right now I can keep an eye out for it and call you if it is found do you have a cell phone or something I can give you my number as well
    CB: I HAVE TO HAVE MY WALLET NOW I WANT IT NOW
    M: Well we can’t do that right now you will just have to wait *turns and walks inside shrugging his shoulders, leaving me with the cry baby*
    CB: I HAVE TO HAVE MY WALLET GET ME MY WALLET ALL MY MONEY IS IN THERE

I had someone else walk up to me so I had other stuff I had to deal with the entire time she is still kicking and screaming that she wants her wallet. After dealing with the other issues I turned my attention back to the screaming and crying baby.

M: How old are you?
    CB: Excuse me (she was a little thrown off by the question I guess)
    M: I said how old are you?
    CB: I SAID I WANT YOU TO GO GET MY WALLET
    M: SERIOUSLY HOW OLD ARE YOU?
    CB: I am 26 why
    M: Because you are acting like my 2 year old, if you have to have your wallet right now then why aren’t you in there looking for it yourself.
    CB: I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU JUST INSULTED ME I WANT MY WALLET NOW
    M: Look at how you are acting you are sitting on the floor kicking and screaming like a baby does and you seem to think that is going to make me abandon my post to do find your wallet. What are you doing bringing over $300 with you to a concert like this anyways?
    CB: *stands up and stomps over the sheriffs that had been sitting and watching the entire time* I want my wallet I lost it inside and the worthless security here refuses to go look for it.
    PD: If you would like to file a report about a stolen wallet we can do that but we can not force this young lady to leave her post to go find your wallet, and there is no way we can go in there and be able to find your wallet as well. Your best bet would be to start retracing your steps and see if you can find it yourself or wait until the end of the those when this young lady standing at the door and leave her post and help you look for it.
    CB: YOU GUYS ARE WORTHLESS NO ONE HERE KNOWS HOW TO DO THERE JOB. I WANT MY WALLET AND I WANT IT BACK NOW.
    PD: Miss did one of the security confiscate your wallet?
    CB: NO WHY WOULD THEY CONFISCATE IT ARE YOU SAYING I AM ON DRUGS
    PD: No if they did not confiscate your wallet then there is no way that they can give it to you right now, because they don’t have it.
    CB: EVERYONE HERE IS WORTHLESS AND DOESN’T KNOW HOW TO DO THERE JOB I AM GOING TO GET YOU ALL FIRED *stomps back over to her spot on the floor and starts kicking and screaming*

Other issues came up that I had to deal with the entire time she sat crying and screaming like a 2 year old. One of the issues that came up required the director of security to come to the front doors. He sees the girl kicking and screaming and asks what’s with her? I give him the quick break down of she lost her wallet with all her money and ID in it and thinks I should go into this crowd to find it. He takes her nicely by the arm walks her to a bench on the other side of the door and tells her she can sit and wait there until the show is over to look for her wallet.

By the time the show was over and most the people had left so I could leave the front doors the lady was no longer sitting on the bench and I never did find her wallet inside. I feel bad that she lost her wallet but kicking and screaming like a 2 year old won’t find it any quicker.

I've been to my fair share of concerts and have seen people act like this.
    One night a girl threw a hissy fit because security wouldn't let her in with the ID she had. What she had was her Ontario health card. Now these cards (the new ones) have your picture, birthday and signature on them, but they can NOT be used for admittance to a club or bar, for buying alcohol or for buying cigarettes. Everyone knows this, but princess felt like she should be exempt from this rule.
    Only very rarely will security ever tke a health card. For example I went to a bar a few weeks ago and found out my ID is no longer valid (something about the Liquor Control Board of Ontario no longer issuing them so they can't be used). I didn't know this and security was really nice and offered to let me in if I could show my health card as well, just for some extra ID.
    That was a rare circumstance and I was nice as hell to them so they cut me a break, but surely if I threw a temper tantrum they would have turned me away in a second.

Comment

She threw herself down on the ground like a toddler...?

Comment

Goodness gracious, what an entitled brat!!! I cannot BELIEVE that somebody would act like that!!!

Comment

I would have asked her if she had been drinking too much tonight and had the sheriff do a sobriety test. Seriously, what possesses some people to do idiotic stunts like that?
          Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Quoth PetStoreKate View Post
            Goodness gracious, what an entitled brat!!! I cannot BELIEVE that somebody would act like that!!!
            I am surprised no one recorded that and put in on youtube!
            I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Wow you are much nicer than I - I would have given her three choices 1) go retrace her steps to find her wallet 2) file a stolen wallet report and go back and watch the concert 3) leave. Honestly, because she was distracing the door security I would have assumed it was for a purpose other than finding her wallet (hoping to get her friends in without searches or some such) and would have booted her based on that alone.

Comment

Does this mean that next year in September, I'm gonna revert to terrible-twos tantrums?

And I was getting along so well with the whole "acting in a mature way" too...
                Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

There's someone who's mum never said 'No'.
                  Deepak Chopra says, "Fear deprives people of choice. Fear shrinks the world into isolated, defensive enclaves. Fear spirals out of control. Fear makes everyday life seem clouded over with danger.

Comment

Quoth auntiem View Post
                    I would have assumed it was for a purpose other than finding her wallet (hoping to get her friends in without searches or some such) and would have booted her based on that alone.
                    It is always second nature for me to assume when ever someone comes up to the front doors it is to distract me so someone can try to sneak in or do something else. It is also second nature for me to stand in the middle of the one open door while the person is talking to me in order to avoid people sneaking in and not getting searched.

For the most part I treated her like I did my kids when they throw fits like that and ignored it. They do it for attention and well that doesn't work with me.

Comment

I wish I could have been there to see this and then I would have run up to her and stuck out my tongue and said "Na na na na na!, you lost your wallllllllllet! Ha ha ha ha ha!" I'd have even blown a few raspberries for good measure.

Comment

wow, is it awful if I think she needed to be slapped?

Comment

I really don't believe that. A 26 y/o woman kicking and screaming on the ground because she lost her own wallet and you wouldn't leave your JOB to look for it?!

Honestly! My 15 y/o brother acts more mature than her! And he's mentally disabled!!

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                            Does this mean that next year in September, I'm gonna revert to terrible-twos tantrums?

And I was getting along so well with the whole "acting in a mature way" too...
                            I'll hit 26 in December. If this turns out to be universal, I'll let you know so you can prepare yourself for it.
                            I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                            - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                            - IPF

Comment

Quoth LizaMarie View Post
                              wow, is it awful if I think she needed to be slapped?
                              Upside the head? no, not at all, i was thinking the same exact thing!

Comment

Working...
                              X