Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only adults I've seen behave like that had something wrong in their brains. Literally. I've seen that sort of behaviour - very, very occasionally - in mental hospitals. From people who were there to try to get their brains fixed, so they could stop acting like that.
    Seshat's self-help guide:
    1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
    2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
    3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
    4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth MoonChild2007 View Post
      Did she really lose her wallet or is she one of those people who wanted to see a concert but didn't have any tickets? Or did she already have a ticket? Cause somebody who acts like that is clearly using the "sympathy" card to let them in if they don't have a ticket.
      She already had a ticket she came up to me from inside the building. One of the reasons she told the director of security why she needed her wallet now is because it had her out of state ID and she needed it to catch her flight home. But it still doesn't give her the right to throw herself down on the ground and act like a spoild child.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
        Does this mean that next year in September, I'm gonna revert to terrible-twos tantrums?

And I was getting along so well with the whole "acting in a mature way" too...
        I'm not sure . . . I don't recall acting like that back when I was 26. Maybe if I had, life would be more fair.

And pigs fly too.
        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
          She already had a ticket she came up to me from inside the building. One of the reasons she told the director of security why she needed her wallet now is because it had her out of state ID and she needed it to catch her flight home. But it still doesn't give her the right to throw herself down on the ground and act like a spoild child.
          Oh okay thanks!

Comment

You know, I lost my wallet once, in college. I was 19. Wanna know what I did? I went and looked for it. (Never found it That was a royal pain over Easter weekend, too.)
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth princess4life View Post
              Is it terrible that I pictured her behaving this way at the airport and getting hauled off for a search?

Comment

Did she look like Paris? Cause I'd do to her what I'd do to Paris.

Oh, and when me and all the guys would go to concerts we'd trash the interior of the car...wadded up newspapers, cups, straws, empty cans....when we exited it. No one ever bothered to rip off a car that looked like it was full to the top with random garbage. We'd just stuff it back in a bag at the end. Took an extra 5 mins. and probably saved us thousands in possible thefts.
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                X