Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The fun of this all is for those of us of certain years of experience knowing what these gangsta wannabees will be thinking of their hot fashion in twenty years. Hey, I saw (but was wise enough not to participate in) hippies, bellbottoms, punk, grunge...

Comment

I have never, and probably will never, understand the appeal of going commando in 90% of situations. When wearing jeans, doesn't that rub in akward places? I also do not understand sagging. Even when I steal shorts from my brother, or wear my comfy boy jeans, I wear a belt if they start sagging lower than my hips!
      "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth myswtghst View Post
        I have never, and probably will never, understand the appeal of going commando in 90% of situations. When wearing jeans, doesn't that rub in akward places? !
        Not to mention you must proceed with extreme caution when zipping and unzipping.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          Not to mention you must proceed with extreme caution when zipping and unzipping.
          that's pretty much a given if you're a guy going commando and aren't wearing a kilt :-/
          It is better to be the hammer than the nail.

Comment

I have never, and probably will never, understand the appeal of going commando in 90% of situations. When wearing jeans, doesn't that rub in awkward places?
            There is a passage in Stephen King's Cujo where it reads like this (Haven't read Cujo in a while so I'm paraphrasing)

And he zipped up his pants but almost touched the tip of his penis where it would've ruined his day.
            There's THAT possibility of that happening when one goes commando.

Anyway, I find fashion one of the most silliest things on the planet as a few years later they tend to look silly. I don't know why but it's just fun to see when people have to spend money on the next hottest thing.
            Last edited by protege; 10-10-2007, 05:16 PM. Reason: Quote tag thingie :)
            The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth karma_gypsy View Post
              And the other commonly asked question is . . . if you wear your pants all saggy like that, then why the heck are you wearing A BELT???!!!
              Because most guys don't have the necessary curve to keep pants up without one. Especially when it's already half-way down their ass. Those that do should abstain for making use of it.

Admittedly, I wear low slung pants that use my hips to hold them up, because I have a particularly big rump and there is no such thing as pants that will accommodate it and fit my waist. That said: I'm a girl. If you have hips, use them. If you don't, use a belt, and keep your pants up. Also: I make damn sure before I leave the house that there is no way the public is going to be exposed to my underwear or my ass crack.
              The icon is a bunny with a spiked collar from some carpet ad.

Comment

Remember, boys and girls: Crack kills!

Comment

I have never, and probably will never, understand the appeal of going commando in 90% of situations. When wearing jeans, doesn't that rub in akward places? I also do not understand sagging. Even when I steal shorts from my brother, or wear my comfy boy jeans, I wear a belt if they start sagging lower than my hips!
                  Yeah, gotta agree with ou on the sagging, makes no sense. As far as commando... you get used to it surprisingly quickly. Caution is always advised, though.
                  If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Is it just me, or when you see someone sagging do you have this urge to run up and shank them? I mean, if they're that desperate to show off their undies, why not help them out?
                    Certifiable Interior Designer
                    (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

Quoth Interior Desecrator View Post
                      Is it just me, or when you see someone sagging do you have this urge to run up and shank them? I mean, if they're that desperate to show off their undies, why not help them out?
                      Not sure how sticking a makeshift knife in someone's side helps them show their undies, but you might pants them... Just a thought...
                      If ignorance is bliss, no wonder I'm so unhappy.

Comment

Quoth tangrid View Post
                        Not sure how sticking a makeshift knife in someone's side helps them show their undies, but you might pants them... Just a thought...
                        Sorry! Translation: shanking = pantsing. That's just what we've always called it! I think the knife might be going a bit too far.
                        Certifiable Interior Designer
                        (Passed the NCIDQ Exam - Summer 2008)

It's hard to shoot zombies with a cat on your lap!

Comment

Heard this from a friend of a friend (or an uncle or someone....anyway); Sagging supposedly originated in prison as a way to identify the more, er, receptive inmates.
                          If today is an indication of the rest of the week, I'm going to need to start drinking. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

I'd be more inclined to give them an atomic wedgie.

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                            Remember, boys and girls: Crack kills!
                            "If you see a sign that says 'just say no to crack,' and it reminds you to pull up your pants..." - Jeff Foxworthy.
                            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Sorry! Translation: shanking = pantsing. That's just what we've always called it! I think the knife might be going a bit too far.
                              After that sight, knifing them could only be reciprocation.

also,

Heard this from a friend of a friend (or an uncle or someone....anyway); Sagging supposedly originated in prison as a way to identify the more, er, receptive inmates.
                              that makes me happy. All those guys trying to act tough...hehehehenot.

Comment

Quoth Crawley View Post
                                As fun as that whole idea is, it's totally apocryphal. Made up to make the people who don't sag feel superior.

Most likely, sagging is a prison fashion, but more due to the fact that the most dangerous members in prison don't get belts, and pants that fit aren't a huge concern for those who supply the pants. So, you end up with the most dangerous guys with sagging pants as a matter of course.

But, the thing that gets me is that the second a dangerous guy would get out, you can bet he's got pants he can run in without having to waste a hand holding them up!

^-.-^
                                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                                X