This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Policy Change

Okay, at Fazoli's, we have 'Kids Night' -- kids meals are 99¢ each.

Obviously, people took advantage of it, ordering up to 17 kids meals at a time. Corporate saw that a $14 pizza was effectively being sold off for $5.19, and put an end to it.

New rules:
    • Only from 5:00PM to 8:00PM
    • You must order an adult entree
    • Must be eaten inside
    • One meal per kid
    • Kids must be present

So now whenever someone orders more than 2 kids meals through drive-through, I know there's going to be an argument, and I look forward to it.

[BEEP] "Welcome to Fazoli's, how can I help you?" ".... " "...." "...." "...." (They don't like acknowledging me) "...." "..." "Can I get... three kids spaghetti meals, with meatballs, all of them with coke, a kids pepperoni pizza meal, a kids cheese pizza meal, three more kids pepperoni pizzas, all with cokes, and a chicken broccoli penne bake?"

She's expecting 99¢ per kids meal, giving a total of $14.61. Not so. Eight kids meals at 2.49 each, plus a Chicken Broccoli Penne Bake at 5.99? "Okay, I have three Kids Spaghetti with Meatballs, Four Kids Pepperoni Pizzas, One Kids Cheese Pizza, all eight with cokes, and a Chicken Broccoli Penne Bake. Your total is $27.20"

She pulls around and waits for me to >slowly< pour all 8 kids Cokes. I'm relishing every moment cuz I know she was expecting the discount, but too stupid to speak up before I cashed it over.

"Hello, $27.20" "Isn't it supposed to be 99¢ kids meals?" (She gets a little grimace of annoyance on her face.) "Sorry, no, the discount is only for orders inside, with an adult entree, with the kids present"

She gets pissed off, comes inside, and reorders the meal, expecting a discount. Oops. She can't order it to-go, and the kids are at home. That'll be $27.20 please.

You may think we're being bastards about the policy, but when you have three people in a row come through drive-through, each ordering 12+ Kids Pepperoni Pizza meals, you would understand why. And they're all the same. Beat-up 1993 Plymouth Voyager minivan, door moulding missing, back seat full of blankets and a laundry basket, woman driving it with her gut digging into the steering wheel...

Hell, one time a woman came through and ordered 13 kids pizzas -- that's 26 slices, or over 3 entire pizzas, for $13.51, and I knew she was single without kids. Seriously. Three whole 14" pizzas, plus an additional 2 slices, plus over two dozen breadsticks, for $13.51? And they wonder why corporate ended it?
    Last edited by ahanix1989; 10-10-2007, 03:09 AM.
    I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
    less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Do all Fazolis do that? Because theres one in a town that I travel through sometimes and that would be great for my big guy.. he loves pasta.

Clarification: I meant the Kids Night deal

Comment

Saturated fat.....gluten.....lactose....salt.....preservativ es....aaaarrggghhhh *gargle, gargle* *glug, glug*

Sorry, that's just the sound of me realising I can't eat that wonderful stuff any more
      Total surrender
      Your touch is so tender
      Your skin is like water on a burning beach
      And it brings me relief
      "Nails in My Feet" - Crowded House

Comment

All Fazoli's run the Kid's Night deal... but kids meals are pretty pathetic. 4oz of pasta, 2oz of sauce. For 99¢, not bad, but your kid would probably feel better with the Small for $2.99, every day.

"Can I get the Family bowl Spaghetti with meatballs, extra meatballs, two regular fettucinis, a classic sampler, an ultimate sampler, and a dozen extra breadsticks?"
        "...You are already getting... 16 breadsticks with your order, do you still want the extra dozen?" (I already know the answer)
        "Yes"
        "... $35.20. Pull around"
        I've been here for two years, work harder than most others, and I'm getting paid $1.80 an hour
        less than the 17 year old slacker you hired two months ago. Maybe that's why I'm not chipper at work.

Comment

Hes only 16 months, that might be the perfect size for him.. i'll have to check it out

I hate it when I go to Fazolis and the person going around with breadsticks gets attacked by a family and has to give up the whole basket of breadsticks, then doesn't come back out with anymore before I leave.

Comment

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i want fazolis now....
            (homer groan)
            mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm pasta....

Comment

We don't have a Fazoli's anymore. It's a jewelry store now.

Maybe if I would've gone there for lunch more often instead of sticking to just subs, Mickey D's and Booger Fling...
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

And I thought the convience store family at my store (the ones that buy up all our stuff to resell in our store and LIE about their intentions; still working on getting them blackballed) was bad!

Comment

You had me at "fazoli's" ...now my mouth is watering thinking about those yummy for my tummy breadsticks!
                  "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Comment

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
                    You had me at "fazoli's" ...now my mouth is watering thinking about those yummy for my tummy breadsticks!
                    And I can't has bredstix
                    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      Booger Fling...
                      In Australia it's known as Hungry Jacks (because Burger King was already trademarked here). It turns out that "the Jacks" is a slang term for a public toilet (specifically the men's one, the women's one is the Jills) in some parts of the UK. But it's catching on here too.

Comment

General policy now is, 1 breadstick per person, per 'bread run'.

Pretty soon (I believe January) there won't be unlimited free breadsticks, because (omg) people just completely abuse it.

Want me to ruin breadsticks for you? This is how we make the butter:

10.5 ounces salt
                        9.5 ounces garlic powder
                        ½ quarts water
                        7½ quarts soybean oil / WHORL mix.

So yeah. Two gallons of butter per batch.

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
                          great for my big guy.. he loves pasta.
                          *blink, blink, double checks the SN* ...
                          *shakes her head* Nah... I'm not even gonna go there.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
                          X