This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helpful little frustrations

Or possibly- I hate Sundays, since this is what has sparked this off.

Sundays although one of the quietest days of the week is also one of the worst , why because the customers are quite often Scs or CBA's
    (can't be arsed.
    As in can't be arsed to not dump stock on the floor ,
    read large signs,
    stop their kids from screaming for hours on end.
    Or even worse CBA to take the kid to the bathroom, even though they have been asking to go for over twenty minutes.Really don't need to draw a picture for that one, hate cleaning it up)

So to while away the frustration, I thought on some of the 'helpful' little things I do.
    That while still within the limits of what won't get me fired , relieve some of the frustration. before the limited brain to mouth filter fails.
    Please add in some more so I know I'm not alone

BBF- Before brain filter
    ABF- After Brain filter
    Number one -Screaming kid

BBF- It's way to early in the morning, and the kid has been screaming fit to burst since they came in the store, while mum serenely pushes here little darling round and round our floor in an endless circuit.

Little kids scream, all natural, inevitable, fair enough , but for F@@~ks sake woman, at least pick the kid out of his push chair and try to find out what's wrong with him. I recognise that pitch , he hungry , bloody well do something about it we sell baby food and we'll even heat it up for you! What the hell is the problem.

In the sickliest tone possible

ABF-Is all that noise coming from you, such a big noise for such a little person.

Customers "Oh yes and it's for no reason" like she couldn't hear the noise that permeated that whole floor.

BBF No reason the kids been screaming since half ten and it's now near enough lunch time, go feed it already

Number two-Subjective colour

Customer literally a minute before closing- "I want this dress it's blue , the code is XXxX"
    BBF- " Thank god this one actually knows what she wants"

Runs off to find said item.
    Which I'd never heard of, or seen before.
    Not surprisingly find the item described doesn't exist.
    On the off chance picks up a different colour dress and glances at the code.
    Yep, no mistake, this is what the customer ordered, and it's no where matching the description she just gave. No it's not in the size she wants, we don't have her size, this one defiantly won't fit but she wants it anyway.

Solution, think "thank god I'm not dealing with it when she brings it back to complain about the crappy person who got the wrong dress for her"

Number three - Why in hell's name do you think I'm cleaning up?

There's not enough staff in (never is) but I'm slowly making my way across the rails tidying up, picking up dropped stock standards , size range and colour ordering. It's taking ages as I'm having to run back and forth between jobs (till and shop floor)

Pair of Scs are wondering what's in the clean area, they spend the drum total of five minutes there, and low and behold - the whole damn lot's been unsorted again.
    What's so damn hard about replacing an item on the rail your stood next to , in the placed you've just pulled it from.Instead of just dropping it and moving on the the area I'm currently tidying up.
    Will post more frustrations later
    Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Quoth going gaga View Post
    BBF No reason the kids been screaming since half ten and it's now near enough lunch time, go feed it already
    Half ten? The only person I've heard talk that way was Irish. Is that an Irish term, or perhaps UK in general?
    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

that's cos most people figure "it's ok to make a mess. they're paid to clean it up!"
      a little bit of hell i remember from back when i worked at Hills... (kinda your bottom-of-the-barrel discount store)

Comment

UK in general
        We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          Half ten? The only person I've heard talk that way was Irish. Is that an Irish term, or perhaps UK in general?

UK. but mostly Irish/Scottish. My Scottish friend uses that terminology all the time.
          I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
            Never really thought about it , general uk I guess since that's where I am .
            What term do you use for 10:30?
            Please excuse me , I need to wander round the corner to scream now, before my head explodes.

Comment

Around here (US East Coast), it's usually 'half past ten' or just 'ten thirty'.
              It's little things that make the difference between 'enjoyable', 'tolerable', and 'gimme a spoon, I'm digging an escape tunnel'.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                that's cos most people figure "it's ok to make a mess. they're paid to clean it up!"
                That's my mother. When we're out I'm always behind her re-folding clothes, setting things back where they belong, and reminding her that it's behaviour like this that causes me to come home and bitch uncontrollably.

Comment

I recognise that pitch , he hungry , bloody well do something about it we sell baby food and we'll even heat it up for you! What the hell is the problem.
                  Anytime I'm out with my mother and there's a kid screaming, she always says, 'Somebody either needs to feed it or beat it'. That woman probably also takes her kid out shopping at 9, 10, 11 pm and wonders why her baby is cranky. It's tired, it's bedtime! Put the kid in bed!!! *sheesh*
                  "Even arms dealers need groceries." ~ Ziva David, NCIS

Tony: "Everyone's counting on you, just do what you do best."
                  Abby: "Dance?" ~ NCIS

Comment

Quoth AdminAssistant View Post
                    Anytime I'm out with my mother and there's a kid screaming, she always says, 'Somebody either needs to feed it or beat it'. That woman probably also takes her kid out shopping at 9, 10, 11 pm and wonders why her baby is cranky. It's tired, it's bedtime! Put the kid in bed!!! *sheesh*
                    We get those to on the late nights. Sometimes it really makes you wonder when you see someone dragging a toddler round a department store at nine pm, complaining at the kid because there displaying their disapproval at being kept out.

Comment

Quoth LadyAndreca View Post
                      Around here (US East Coast), it's usually 'half past ten' or just 'ten thirty'.
                      I usually use ten-thirty. Although on occasion it's been "when the little hand is on the ten and the big hand is on the six."
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth BaristaTrav View Post
                        UK. but mostly Irish/Scottish. My Scottish friend uses that terminology all the time.
                        Grew up and lived in Surrey for nearly all my life, 'Half Ten' is a common thing to say way down here as well.
                        Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          a little bit of hell i remember from back when i worked at Hills... (kinda your bottom-of-the-barrel discount store)
                          We may be paid , but sometimes it's really not enough.
                          When it's kids doing it (14 under) I can sometimes get them to stop or look some what ashamed with a brilliant one I learned from an older co-worker

"I'm sure you don't do that at home"

or words to the effect of

"Your mother sure didn't raise you to do that"

Worked better for her though, she had the pissed off school teacher voice to go with it.
                          It was awesome to watch it in action when it did work.

With the worst adults, (literally doing it right in front of you)
                          I make a point of following them round the floor if I can, slowly and deliberately cleaning up and tidying rails they've just been to.
                          Close enough so they can see exactly what I'm doing, and so can the other customers in the surrounding area. Even the most thick skulled ones get the message after five minutes.
                          Though the tables getting trashed I don't mind, it's impossible to find what your looking for and leave it neat.

Comment

Working...
                          X