This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you DEAF?!

I just off the phone with the most irritating man alive~!

The Players:
    Me:
    My Boss: K
    Irritating Man: SC
    [my thoughts.]

First, the boss calls.

Me: Opening spiel.
    K: A man is going to call there and complain about a reservation. Just take his info and I'll call him in the morning.
    Me: [Why me?] Okay, thanks.

I hang up and not two seconds later:

Me: Opening spiel.
    SC: Yeah, are you with Choice Hotels?
    Me:[I got this call yesterday, so I thought it was the same guy.] No Sir, but I have a manager that works here with them.
    SC: I have a complaint, is he there?
    Me: No he's not, but I can have him call you when he comes in.
    SC: ....Are you in a call center?
    Me: [wtf?]No sir.
    SC: I don't want to talk to someone in a call center!
    Me: Sir, I'm not in a call center.
    SC: Can I talk to someone that can help me with Choice?!
    Me: He's not here right now, but if you leave me your name and number, I can have him call you back.
    SC: **He's very rude at this point** When will he be back?!
    Me: Tomorrow morning.
    [Honest to $deity, I just heard his brain pop.]
    SC: Do you have a computer in front of you?!
    Me: Yes-
    SC: I want the number to Choice Hotels Corporate!!
    [You did NOT just Interrupt me!]
    Me: No problem sir.
    [While I'm looking up the number, he tells me his plight, still irritating and still practically screaming at me.]
    SC: When you type in <hotel> in the search, it comes up with their number! I called them and made a reservation! I was looking for a <hotel> and when I finally got there it was <a different hotel>!! I ALWAYS stay at <hotel>! But no! It was <different hotel>! They won't let me cancel my reservations because it's after six! But there's no way in hell they are getting my money! I'm going to cancel that card!

I gave him his precious number and wished him a nice day. When I was finished, I looked up the hotel type he was looking for and, sure enough, it had the same address of the secondary hotel that my boss owns. Same number too. Then I began to wonder.

If he made the reservation over the phone like he said he did, then was he being deaf when they said "Hello, <hotel name> how can I help you?"

So I called K back.

Me: That guy called me.
    K: What did he say?
    Me: That he was angry and that I supposedly work in a call center.
    K: <laughs>
    Me: He also said some other things. About how he's taking this to corporate, but I don't think it'll get him very far.
    K: No, it won't.
    Me: I've called <hotel> before and they always say where it is. I don't know how the guy could have gotten it wrong.
    K: Okay, don't worry about it. Thank you EQ.

I don't blame my boss for refusing to cancel that guy's reservation. The guy is one that was ignorant. Not him, nor the front desk clerks.
    Last edited by Evil Queen; 05-21-2008, 12:29 AM.
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

That's an SC alright. Sorry ya got yelled at, EQ. Here, have a scone. *Gives her a pumpkin scone*
    Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

*munches*

I sometimes hate my job.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Great, another quality of SC's: they don't read signs in stores, and they don't listen to the information at the beginning of the call that would tell them everything they needed to know. Sorry you had to deal with that guy EQ; glad your manager had the decency to warn you though!

And while I'm here, have a cookie!
        Last edited by karath; 05-20-2008, 01:20 AM. Reason: How do you get gazumped twice when you take less than a minute to write...?
        Your true character is who you are when no one is looking.
        --Unknown

Comment

You and Me both Karath!

Comment

Damn, you reply fast! Did you get my cookie?
            --Unknown

Comment

*munches on cookie*

Yes, yes I did. Thank you very much for the cookie.

(I use the "Quick Reply" button a lot. )

Comment

That would explain it

(and my pleasure!)
                Last edited by karath; 05-20-2008, 01:27 AM. Reason: :)
                --Unknown

Comment

I have no cookies or scones, so I hope this cupcake will do.

I have a special burning hatred for jerks who tell at underlings about things they can't control. It's okay, though, because that's what I use to bake my cupcakes! Everybody wins!
                  "I don't have to take this abuse from you, I've got hundreds of people dying to abuse me."
                  "Free at last from my vegetable prison!"
                  X-Strike Studios: Video game movies done RIGHT!

Comment

Quoth karath View Post
                    they don't listen to the information at the beginning of the call
                    I've said this before, but

Me: Hello, *store*, Furniture.
                    Idiot: Is this furniture?

Happened all the time.
                    Excuse me, good sir paladin, can you direct me to your EVIL district?

http://www.dywhcomic.com

Comment

Quoth unclejampuff View Post
                      I have no cookies or scones, so I hope this cupcake will do.

I have a special burning hatred for jerks who tell at underlings about things they can't control. It's okay, though, because that's what I use to bake my cupcakes! Everybody wins!
                      I like cupcakes! <3

*munches on cupcakes*

Thanks to CS.com, I'm gonna gain 5 pounds!

Comment

Ah, don't worry, you can work 'em off virtual sugar with virtual violence!
                        --Unknown

Comment

*Steals a cupcake*

It could have been worse...he could have called back and said you gave him the wrong number.
                          Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Ack! I had two people call me today and realize they called a wrong number. One was asking if we were the 'student loan people.' (methinks he owes a lot of people money!)

Of course, to get to an agent you do have to hear our company name at least TWICE. I know. I call it every night to see if they've corrected our system so calls don't go to vm after 11 when we're there until 12.

I rarely have those calls - and two today! Damned full moon.

Comment

Sometimes I think people like that hear only what they want to hear, the rest is all Charlie Brown-esque: 'wah wah wah wah wah wah'.

Off topic slightly, but I didn't know where else on the site to ask: Has anyone else noticed a trend at drive thru's, in which the sales clerk ringing the meal up speaks so fast that you can't understand a thing they just said? I'm not talking about faulty equipment either, just a retail version of those guys at the end of car commercials... "I'msayingeverythingsofastthatyoucan'tellwhatisbei ngsaidbutyou'llnodandsmilesoyoudon'tlookstupid" kind of stuff.

I'm desperately hoping I wasn't sucky but I did mention it to the next person in the drive thru, and she said that it was because the one taking orders was under a timed limit, she couldn't spend more than half a minute or something like that, on each car.

I hate to tell this to the management that came up with that doozy but if I can't understand what's being said, I'm just going to waste more of your time when I drive up to get my order to make sure it's correct.

Anyone else having that problem?
                              "You are the dumbest smart person I have ever met in my life!" Will Smith, 'I, Robot'.

"You LOSE! Good day, sir!" Gene Wilder, 'Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory'.

Comment

Working...
                              X