• Show
Clear All

• Problem between Monitor and Chair

I'm sure all of you have had this,

SC: I cant logon
    Me: What are you trying to login into
    SC: Duh, my computer
    Me: OK, what is the error message
    SC: No Error Message, just says "cannot log you in, please check username and password"
    Me: That the error message I was looking for. What user name are you using?
    SC: {gives user name]
    Me: You are one character off, that is a 0 not an o
    SC: That's wrong, my supervisor just gave that to me so that's what I need to use
    Me: You can try to the end of time with that and not get in, I am looking at your account and this is your ID, It's a common mistake.
    SC: So I should use this ID
    Me: Yes

After getting her on the network she is now trying to get to another site that ask to authenticate

SC:I can't get to this site
    Me:what username and password are you using
    SC: The one my supervisor gave me

Me:*bangs head* Use what I gave you
    SC: Oh, that worked, Thank You

Ah, the old Picnic issue (Problem in chair, not in computer).

Comment

I always preferred PEBKAC. Problem Exists Between Keyboard And Chair
      Proactive Karma Engineer

Comment

I love that acronym, I modified it to fit my line of work (Parking). Problem is between wheel and seat.
        The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I like PICNIC better, because if some enterprising soul googles PEBKAC, then the goose is cooked. Yet, picnic... it's confusing enough for people to accept it, and are most PICNIC users going to search through pages and pages of picnic basket sites to find out what a PICNIC error is???
          SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
          SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

eye dee ten tee error.
            ludo ergo sum

Comment

I like PICNIC better, because if some enterprising soul googles PEBKAC, then the goose is cooked.
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PEBKAC

Link to PICNIC is in "See Also."
              The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I've taken to saying the issue is in the DIP seating.
                The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

And now the issue I had today: Problem Between Register and Counter.

I was filling stuff from last night's truck and got asked by another employee to help him with a carryout: a futon bunk bed, a kitchen table and 4 kitchen chairs.

The customer had about 4 big bags of other stuff of other stuff as well. I'd estimate her purchases totalled close to a grand.

So we got everything loaded in her SUV and I asked her for her receipt. Upon further inspection I found the furniture items were nowhere on her receipt. The cashier forgot to ring them up. So that was about $600 in merchandise she would've gotten for free had I not checked her receipt. That would've been a tough one to explain.
                  Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                    So we got everything loaded in her SUV and I asked her for her receipt. Upon further inspection I found the furniture items were nowhere on her receipt. The cashier forgot to ring them up. So that was about $600 in merchandise she would've gotten for free had I not checked her receipt. That would've been a tough one to explain.
                    Both you and the cashier are damn lucky the lady didn't just leave you standing there with the receipt, jump in the SUV, and speed off. It sucks to find out you were unknowingly an accessory to your own robbery (watch the episode of It Takes a Thief where they rob the Bed and Breakfast for an example of this), but it sounds like you had an honest customer who I'm sure turned back around with the SKUs of the furniture and paid for them before leaving.
                    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                    My MySpace
                    My LiveJournal

Comment

Heh, me and my coworkers put PEBKAC as a note in a lot of our calls. I even accidentally gave a customer that had 'PEBKAC error' right on the sheet, but, thankfully, nothing ever came of it.
                      Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me!

I like big bots and I cannot lie.

Comment

We use PEBKAC and ID-10-T quite often where I work, though never within earshot of the customers. We also have some inside jokes that reference previous customers, so you'd often hear stuff like, "Maybe he needs a Wi-Fi cable," or, "Sounds like someone's trying to print the internet from her scanner again," or, "Her UBS Supporters have fallen."

(Off the topic just a bit...)
                        I had a manager, R, who is computer literate but cannot diagnose or fix problems. He likes to tell customers, "See, the error here is with your flux capacitor." He says this with a facial expression that clearly indicates he's making stuff up, which usually makes the customer relax (and sometimes even laugh) while he goes to get one of our ever-busy techs to do a real diagnosis. He's not my manager any more because he switched from managing the sales sections to managing the service sections. Now the new sales manager I have to work for, C, is trying to ingratiate himself with us by making similar jokes. C says, "I guess the flux capacitor is out of dilithium or something..." and grins at us, waiting for a laugh. It's all in the delivery.
                        I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                        - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                        - IPF

Comment

I do love PEBKAC and ID-10-T, but we came up with another one that may have been floating around a while..........the "eighth-layer problem".

For those geeky enough to understand, the OSI model in networking has 7 layers, so the eighth one is usually referred to as the user.

You can also get the "10-layer model" which, on top of layer 7 (application), you have 8 (money), 9 (politics), and 10 (religion) - but I digress.
                          Who is this rectal-cranial inverted twit....and where is my sledgehammer??

Comment

When I was interviewing for an internship at the Helpdesk, they asked me what the layers of the OSI model was. I was like GAHH!!!

What was the thing they taught us to remeber? Please Don't Throw Pepperoni Pizza Away?

I think.. or something close to it.
                            SC: “Yeah, Bob’s Company. I'm Bob. It's my company.” - GK
                            SuperHotelWorker made my Avi!!

Comment

Actually it's Please Do Not Throw Sausage Pizza Away, I remember that from my school days, but would have to look up what each one means!

Comment

Working...
                              X