This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting Man & Ticket Lady

Okay so I work at a cinema which sounds fun.... nah not really. I work alone during the day and it drives me crazy!!
    So recently every morning when I have been opening up someone is always outside waiting. I just can't fathom why.. you don't need to be half an hour early for your movie. I guess they want to beat the rush but where I work on weekdays there is no rush! Back to the story, As I was opening and getting the money ready there was a man standing outside. He was just reading the program that's outside for people walking by to pick up. But he noticed me counting the money.... oh boy here we go. He came over to the window closest to me and just stared.... I smiled at him just to be like 'hey sir, yes I know you are there but can you hold on a tick' but nah he just stared and stared! I was counting the money wrong each time because of this pressure! Ugh! Finally I finished and had the right amount so I went to open up for him.

As people were in and I began to serve, the waiting man let another lady go first. Which was nice of him So usually I give people the tickets with their money because countless times have people taken the money and just walked off without getting their ticket. But this morning I gave this lady the benefit of the doubt and gave her money but of course the one time I trust someone she just walks off! I am not one to shout because it hurts my throat and there was a few people waiting so I put the ticket aside.

I keep serving and once the people have gone this lady comes back.
    L: I didn't get my ticket!
    Me: Oh yes, I have it here. There you go
    L: Good! I didn't think YOU gave it to me.
    Me:........
    I hate when people make mistakes and they blame you!
    How have I not killed anyone yet?

L: Good! I didn't think YOU gave it to me.
    And here I was thinking YOU didn't bother to pick it up.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

ticket lady reminds of this that I saw the other day.
      Last edited by gremcint; 11-11-2014, 02:01 AM. Reason: Black Lanterns
      Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
      Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Cold

Quoth gremcint View Post
        ticket lady reminds of this that I saw the other day.
        How could one walk away when your hand is full of ice-cream.

Comment

Why do they have you counting money where the public can see you?

Comment

They did that at value village
            Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
            Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
              How could one walk away when your hand is full of ice-cream.
              Well, you aren't really going to admit you just did that, are you? So you just keep walking....
              Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Could be one of those people that has no feeling in their hands.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
                  This, very much this. I was scared the story was going to lead to a tale of theft & violence...
                  This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
                  I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Quoth Silent-Hunter View Post
                    Could be one of those people that has no feeling in their hands.
                    To me it looked more like one of those people that can't be bothered to get off their phone for more than five minutes and actually PAY ATTENTION to their surroundings.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

It looks like "coneing" which (via Urban Dictionary) is "the art of grabbing a McDonalds ice-cream cone from the ice cream end just to weird out the McDonalds Worker. can also be done various other ways such as scooping the ice cream onto you face for warrior paint"
                      Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth strawbabies View Post
                        It really is unsafe! But we have made it kind more private by putting posters up to block people's view but a lot of annoying people peep in and just look at you......
                        How have I not killed anyone yet?

Comment

Working...
                        X