This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth mathnerd View Post
    While the bird may have learned some new words...
    Until he looks in the fridge and asks the turkey, "WTF did you say?!?!?"
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
      You got burned by a sales rep trying to boost his commission. The store guys get extra money for extra add ons and insurance is one of the most common. This is not strictly a death star wireless problem either, I get plenty of calls from people like you in the land of Red too.
      Yea. I would never be tempted to just put it on there. I wil however, use high pressure sales pitches because, I make money and also because I have literally dozens a week that show up with busted phones trying to add insurance or pretend they requested it in the first place. Then there are the extra funny ones who want a warranty exchange. My personal favorite..."you mean I actually have to take care of this thing?" Yes adult, you purchased a highly sophisticated piece of technology which is your responsibility. The phone and the carrier are not the same thing, this is an easy reality to swallow. It baffles me to no end that people will buy a phone for 650+ and find an extremely durable case for 30-50 to be "too spendy". Buy a napkin case from the amazonians? Guess what, I bought mine there too, it costs the same dammed thing, because it isn't made of napkins. I just happen to like the brand. They think they are sticking it to the carrier by not buying actual quality cases and buying garbage for 5 dollars instead. Guess who gets to hear about it later when it breaks? Oh yea, the reps who get to hear the endless non-sequiturs which go along the lines of "this is ridiculous, I NEED A PHONE, I PAY YOU GUYS MONEY EVERY MONTH MONTH YOU SHOULD GIVE ME A PHONE!!" etc...etc...all because you though it would be a good idea to walk out basically asking for disaster. Lolololol

Comment

Quoth Arcus View Post
        I just wish I could get my cousin to follow this rule. Her phones last 2-3 months if they are lucky. Most of them found their was into the toilet. We can't figure out how this keeps happening. We know it's not on purpose because she hates having to re-input her contacts and settings into each new phone.
        Phone in back pocket. Trip to the bathroom. Pants down - plop! phone in the toilet. It happens so damn easily that way. S'why I never keep mine in my back pocket.
        Now, I'd like to digress from my prepared remarks to discuss how I invented the terlet...

Comment

Quoth Gilhelmi View Post
          Wait, $30 is ALL it costs for the protection??
          I was offered insurance for my Motorola. It was paid monthly and would have totalled more than the cost of a new phone.

I didn't bother with that!
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Honestly, this is the reason I avoid sales people. The pressure put on you to purchase extras gives me extreme anxiety.

But that person did end up acting like an ass, so there's that.

Comment

Working...
            X