Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't get paid enough to deal with this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get paid enough to deal with this...

This one had me angry the entire day it happened.

Two weeks ago I took a call from a woman who had gone to a TransistorShed store that sells our products and bought a SIM card...because she wanted to put said SIM card in a Tablet and make calls.

Just one problem: You can't do that at Red Checkmark. Our Tablet plans are Data only. Yes, they can take SIM cards, but they can't make calls (at least not on our network the way phones do). I politely explained all this, apologized for the confusion and told her that she could take the card back to TransistorShed and get her money back.

Two weeks later I get a survey in from this call: She gave me all 1s . Her only comment: "I bought a SIM card for a Tablet and it wouldn't work."

So basically she buried me on a survey because some moron at TransistorShed didn't know what he was talking about.

And the thing about these surveys: What ever your score is, that's what you get. There is no way to dispute them and no way to contest them.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

That's horrible. Nasty woman. That's like giving a hotel a 1 star rating because it rained the entire holiday. I've read quite a few stories where customers actually HAVE blamed cashiers/receptionists/whatever about rainy weather.

The big difference though is that she gave you a bad score on a survey and not a chain, thus making it personal. Screw her.

Comment

As a customer I absolutely LOATHE these surveys.

When I get these surveys, the CSR lets me know that anything less than all 5s is a failing score. And thing is, I know enough from here to know it's true.

So basically I have to lie when I do a survey; if I thought the CSR did a good job but don't want to give a 5 so I can give some constructive criticism, I can't because corporate will treat it as if it were all 1s.

It puffs up corporate and does nothing to really improve the customer experience.
      They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

I just don't do the surveys. >.>
        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth Sapphire Silk View Post
          When I get these surveys, the CSR lets me know that anything less than all 5s is a failing score.
          As far as I know, it's the same at my work. Might as well only have two options. 1 or 5. This sort of thing is also why I am extremely distrustful of online reviews which do no include a text explanation of the rating. They could have giving a one star review of say, a TV because it "only has two HDMI plugs" when the description says that it only has two. That's not a valid reason, IMO, to give one star. Same with restaurants. One star review? Why? Maybe they are unreasonable morons who think their food should instantaneously materialize on their plate.

So, no, I don't put much stock in surveys or reviews without an explanation.
          Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth otakuneko View Post
            I just don't do the surveys. >.>
            Sadly in some contexts that is also taken as a mark against people - thanks to my father-in-law, we've cruised on Disney a few times. From what we've been able to gather on-line, the cabin crews and servers get really beaten up over the surveys not being done, as they do for the survey not being all top marks.
            Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

We brought my husband's car to the dealership for some maintenance work. It did not go well. I noticed that they didn't email me the customer satisfaction survey this time. Normally they bombard me with emails until I complete the dang survey.

I guess they know I'm pissed at them and will not give our service rep a good rating.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
                Sadly in some contexts that is also taken as a mark against people - thanks to my father-in-law, we've cruised on Disney a few times. From what we've been able to gather on-line, the cabin crews and servers get really beaten up over the surveys not being done, as they do for the survey not being all top marks.
                That's really stupid. Damned if you do, damned if you don't! I never do those surveys, I have other things to do with my time, and by the time I remember I was asked to do one, I don't remember much about the shopping experience. Let's face it, most experiences while shopping or eating are fairly average. It's only the unusually bad ones or fantastically good ones that stick with me!
                When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I am also fielding calls about people wanting to put sim cards in wifi only tablets.

NO you can't, you can call back as many times as you want, we don't offer that service. No we don't, I'm sorry you heard otherwise but our store does not do that. No I don't know of another store that does. No I don't care what the stupid internet forum told you! ARGH NO NO NO!
                  I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Kiwi View Post
                    I am also fielding calls about people wanting to put sim cards in wifi only tablets.
                    As someone who has a Wifi-only iPad, I do have to wonder where exactly am I able to stick said SIM card in my iPad...

These people are epic morons.
                    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                      As someone who has a Wifi-only iPad, I do have to wonder where exactly am I able to stick said SIM card in my iPad...

These people are epic morons.
                      Wifi only iPads do not have SIMs, only those designed to work on a cellular network do. I too have a SIMless wifi iPad.
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        Wifi only iPads do not have SIMs, only those designed to work on a cellular network do. I too have a SIMless wifi iPad.
                        I think that's the point she was trying to make

Comment

Quoth prjkt View Post
                          I think that's the point she was trying to make
                          That's EXACTLY the point. Generally sticking a SIM card into something requires a slot or hole for you to be able to stick said SIM card IN.

There are no such slots on my iPad
                          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Funny how those customer surveys always want you to rate the CSR, never the company's product or service.

CSRs come in a lot of different flavors, but to give them all a five becase they're going to get counseled for anything less sucks. I can only think of a few where I would wish that upon them-smarmy, I'm-not-going-to-listen-to-you ones, and ones that CLEARLY are not a good fit for the job.

On the other hand, there's LOTS of times I wished I could rate a company and it's service or product in some way that somebody might actually consider what I said.
                            P*S

Comment

I've been so tempted to return those surveys blank with a note saying something to the effect of "I refuse to participate in surveys that are interpreted in ways that are both unethical and statistically invalid."
                              At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Working...
                              X