Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't get paid enough to deal with this...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Plague*Star View Post

On the other hand, there's LOTS of times I wished I could rate a company and it's service or product in some way that somebody might actually consider what I said.
    P*S
    The surveys we have actually require you to rate both. There's a question about how satisfied you are with the company as a whole and another about how satisfied you are with the particular person you dealt with.

Quoth mathnerd View Post
    I've been so tempted to return those surveys blank with a note saying something to the effect of "I refuse to participate in surveys that are interpreted in ways that are both unethical and statistically invalid."
    I have some rather strong opinions about the Net Promoter Score (one of the most popular survey metrics) and similar systems which I think are almost better suited to fratching some days. Suffice to say, it's one of those things managers and executives absolutely LOVE but there are so many flaws in the real world application of the system it's overall effectiveness is highly questionable.
    Last edited by CrazedClerkthe2nd; 11-14-2014, 05:09 AM.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
      That's EXACTLY the point. Generally sticking a SIM card into something requires a slot or hole for you to be able to stick said SIM card IN.

There are no such slots on my iPad
      I know my Asus Transformer has a SIM slot, I don't have the money for wireless service for it, though if I add the keyboard I can then hook up a SUB cord to my cell phone to use it as a non-wireless hotspot. I think I can actually turn my cell phone into a wifi hotspot as well, but I have never done it.

I am one of the weirdos that has serious unlimited data plan from red checkmark grandfathered in that uses tiny data - I average 65 mg a month Even when I did the cross country a couple years back I barely cracked 2 gig in the entire 2 month trip.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Working...
      X