Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How should I thank you for wasting my time?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How should I thank you for wasting my time?

There's just something about zippers that seem to turn my customers into assholes.

Yesterday, for instance, I had the pleasure of helping a woman over the phone try to place some zippers on hold. She was very insistent that they needed to be metal zippers, and that she needed them to be 27", 28", and 30". It took two calls to deal with this because she hung up while on hold at one point and called back. I had to keep running back and forth from the phone to the zippers to try and find them, and eventually had to tell her that we only had two 30" ones and a 27", to which she reluctantly agreed to since she absolutely needed them for these coats she was working on.

It gets better, because today she came in to pick them up. And then at the register when I was ringing her out, she decided that she didn't want all of them because they were too expensive. Lady, you got metal zippers that are extra long, of course they're going to cost more than $2 each. Not that she realized that I was the one who helped her on the phone to pick them out for her in the first place, or even thanked me for that (not that that was surprising at all, it just would have been nice because I helped her while we were slammed and I could have been helping customers who were actually appreciative). Besides, I thought you absolutely needed them?

And there was the time a man came into the store, and then asked for help to find a zipper. Wen I went over to help him, he just told me what kind he was looking for, and then when I started looking he didn't do anything. He just stood there and watched me search through all the zippers and hold them up for him to compare.

Freaking zippers, man.
    Last edited by Aldro; 11-15-2014, 08:02 AM.
    -I feel like I need to take a long shower and contemplate where I went wrong in my life to end up here
    -But what if skeletons?

It's true. Nobody understands that the multitude of coat/jacket/skirt/dress manufactures don't have some magic "standard" for zippers. The idea that they may need to adjust the garment in some way is unacceptable. They really expect to walk into the store and come out with the exact same zipper. Preferably for about $1.
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth Aldro View Post
      Freaking zippers, man.
      So... Can I ask you some questions about zippers?
      *runs away*
      I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
      - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
      - IPF

Comment

I couldn't let this post zip past without sinking my teeth into a comment :P

It never fails to amaze me when people are surprised by the prices of zippers. You want decent quality? Then expect to pay a higher price, especially if it's not a standard colour or length. And don't bitch if your cheap ass dollar store zipper breaks the first time you use it.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
          The idea that they may need to adjust the garment in some way is unacceptable. They really expect to walk into the store and come out with the exact same zipper. Preferably for about $1.
          I once had a project where I needed a non-standard zipper (shorter than the 6" "fly" zippers). Did I bitch out the workers at the fabric store because they didn't have the zipper I needed? No, I bought a 6" zipper, carefully straightened out the "legs" on the stopper, moved it to where I needed it, crimped it back into place, and cut the zipper to the appropriate length.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth KuariKaydrith View Post
            I couldn't let this post zip past without sinking my teeth into a comment :P

It never fails to amaze me when people are surprised by the prices of zippers. You want decent quality? Then expect to pay a higher price, especially if it's not a standard colour or length. And don't bitch if your cheap ass dollar store zipper breaks the first time you use it.
            I'm not sure whether to applaud or be dismayed by your pun. Kudos

I forgot to mention the last bit of insult to add to injury. After she purchased the one zipper, she came back about 15 minutes later with another one that was more expensive than the other two she decided not to get. Customers are a bewildering species
            -I feel like I need to take a long shower and contemplate where I went wrong in my life to end up here
            -But what if skeletons?

Comment

Working...
            X