This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth XCashier View Post
    He leaned the wrong way and the cart flipped over, spilling him onto the hard floor. He wasn't hurt, luckily, just scared enough to know not to do that again.
    This is exactly what scares me about bigger kids getting into the "seat" on a cart -- it's easy for the thing to become unbalanced.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    The ones I wonder about are the ones who are pushing a stroller filled with shopping bags and carrying their kid. Unclear on the concept?
    Easy way to hide items they don't exactly plan to pay for down at the bottom
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Had a mother just the other day with gonna say an 8 year old girl in her cart. Now our carts are smaller than your regular grocery cart. The kid was slumped down playing on the mom's phone and she couldn't even get the stuff back in the cart. She was trying to stick stuff in around the kid. It was clearance wrapping paper but still she did have other items that should've been put where the kid was.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

When I was four, I stopped riding in the grocery cart. Makes me feel disgruntled to see so many grown-ass kids still trying to ride in the shopping carts, or even worse, trying to hijack the electric carts for the truly handicapped just so they can play bumper cars in the aisles. Yeah, thanks a lot for your stupid games of playing chicken, you little chicken sh*ts. You just broke one of the electric carts and they cost a FORTUNE to fix, and even LONGER for the store to get around to doing it because the manager is too damn cheap to want the money to fix it to come out of the store's operating budget.

And all because of a couple of stupid ass kids who wanted to have some fun. And might I add...in the middle of a school day???

Comment

I am one who does put a 7 year old in the shopping cart. He is required to sit at the back by the push handle. However I do have a good reason for having him in the cart. He has behavior issues and impulse control issues and has been known to slip a hand in stores and run into the back room areas and even to kick employees of the store. The best way for me to get what i need done is to put him in the cart and work around him. If we are doing a big shop, then he gets his own cart. In the cart is usually a last resort and we do often try to have him walk, but keeping in mind his safety as well as the safety of other people, sometimes I just have to err on the side of putting his behind in a shopping cart.

I do have to say that I would not react well to someone walking up to him and calling him names or being rude because he is in the cart. That would allow a gush of pissed of parent language and telling off of others . You never know someones story and the reasons that they do things.. Please think before you speak

Comment

I'm not going to lie, I'll let my 8 yr old ride on the grocery cart but that's only when it's late and she's tired. She weights all of 40lbs and looks like she's 5. I have small children. She doesn't stand up or mess around. She sits there and just talks to me the whole time.
            "My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She's ninety-seven now, and we don't know where the hell she is." - Ellen DeGeneres

Comment

Working...
            X