Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I discovered that my new little laptop has a built in webcam, so, without scaring him silly with a flash, I did manage to get pics. (And...yes...I was intelligent enough to know on my own that snapping flash pictures of scared kitty=bad idea, but thanks for the tip in that regard anyway. )

He's been curled up under the "CS quilt" and blankets on my bed beside me for the better part of the afternoon, so things are improving slightly.

(Yes, I know they're all pretty much the same.)
    Attached Files
    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

What a sweet face. I can't wait to see more pics of him.

Comment

Aw, he looks quite cozy.
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Dawwwwww look at the furbaby he's precious, I'm so glad you got him, may your time together be long and happy

Comment

Awww ThecatformerlyknownasStumpers..

I'm glad he came up. Has he eaten at all?
            "smacked upside the head by the harsh of daylight" - Tori Amos "The Beauty of Speed"

a sucking chest wound is merely mother nature's way of telling you to slow down - Arm

Comment

It doesn't look like he's eaten. There's still most of the food and water in his dishes.

He hasn't used the litter box again.

I came up to look after the baby so her Mom could go to work, and when I went back down for a quick minute, he was under the bed. It's an improvement from where he was, though.

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post

I came up to look after the baby so her Mom could go to work, and when I went back down for a quick minute, he was under the bed. It's an improvement from where he was, though.
                Hehe, under the bed is girlcat's favorite place to hide. Her other spot is under my dad's workbench in the back room of the basement. Ain't no one able to get to her under there.

Comment

Oh Ree, the face, I'm a pile of esploded mushy bleened goo!!

Lili didn't eat/use the box for a few days when we first brought her home. If nothing else, maybe put the box/food/water in the same food with the little sweety pie. Different sides btw, they honestly don't like to poo where they eat.

I am so happy for you though! I am seriously bleening so hard here!!
                  Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

I came in to the room just a while ago, and he had obviously been eatiing some food, as the dish was almost empty. YAY!

Going to try to coax him out from under the bed again and give him some snuggles and see if he will stay under the blankets again.

Comment

Aww, how cute! *restrains self from gushing all over about cute kittyness and wanders off to find the cat that lives here*
                      1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

He is purring beside me on my bed.

He was grooming for a bit, and then he kneaded the blankets for a bit.
                        I snuggled him and gave him some loving and then he lay down beside me and showed me his belly for a bit of scratching, and was purring away the whole time.

Comment

Cuuuuuuute He's adjusting quick!
                          Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

It's official. We have decided on a name.

As GK mentioned that "Stumpers" bore a striking resemblance to our Canadian Prime Minister around the eyes, my daughter agreed, and so, he is now "Harper".

It's close enough to what he has been getting called, even though he didn't really recognize the name.

I present a side-by-side so you can form your own opinion.

Harper spent the night exploring my room, walking over the desk and other areas, as I found several things lying on the floor this morning.

He had finished off the rest of the food that was in his dish, and he drank some water and used the litter box again.

I had a moment of panic when I couldn't find him, and I thought he might have gone into the closet and got trapped behind the boxes and insulation and assorted other building supplies stored there until the basement can be completed.
                            I started moving things and picked up what I thought was an empty shipping carton that I had been saving, only to realize it was heavier than it should have been.
                            I looked inside and there was a furry little face peeking back at me.

Right now, he is on the end of my bed, looking around and listening to the noises from upstairs.
                            Last edited by Ree; 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Has he gone onto his back yet? He did that at Gatekeeper's and we were thinking we may have to get some lilies for his chest

Rapscallion

Comment

Better keep an eye on him - he'll end up in boxhab if you're not careful

Sounds like he's settling in quite nicely. I wish I could have one at my apartment.

Comment

Working...
                                X