This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1M Jury Trial Ruined by Sudoku

If I was an Australian citizen, I wouldn't know whether to laugh or cry at this :

"Sudoku addicts halt drugs trial"

A trial that has lasted over three months and cost taxpayers over one million Australian dollars (the equivalent of about U.S. $947,000) was declared a mistrial. And now, they have to start all over again.

Why? Because it was discovered that some of the jurors had spent up to half of the trial playing Sudoku puzzles.

(The court apparently became suspicious when they observed that some of the jurors were writing notes vertically, rather than horizontally.)

That is just great. Three months of court time and a million dollars of taxpayers' money totally wasted.

And you thought that the American judicial system was screwed up.
    “Excuse me. Is this bracelet real jade?”
    “Ma’am, this is a thrift shop. The tag on the bracelet says $1.50. It comes with a matching mood ring. What do you think?”
    “I don’t know.”
    “Yes, it’s real.”

Send those sodoku jerks the bill.
    "Always stand near the door." -- Doctor Who

Kuya's Kitchen -- Cooking, Cooking Gadgets, and Food Related Blather from a Transplanted Foodie

Comment

you know... I like sudoku as much as the next guy (now that it's on my cell phone I can play it anywhere)... but I would not be caught dead playing it while on jury duty... haven't these people heard of the concept of civic duty or anything like that...
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

But jury duty is sooooooooo boring.
        Military Spouse Support.
        http://www.customerssuck.com/board/group.php?groupid=45
        Plaidman's Minions: Telecom_Goddess: Dungeon Minion

Comment

That's some twisted logic here:

One juror said the game helped them to pay more attention by keeping their mind busy.

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Gee, I wonder what that juror's grades where like.
            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

That is stuffed and as a member of the Australia public that sucks cause I pay my taxes dammit...

But can we keep the "country" bashing out of it please!

Comment

I bet everybody gave that Sudoku addict the death glare after that....
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X