X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is NOT Freedom of Speech!

http://www.fox10tv.com/dpp/news/Libr...urating41Books

Someone urinated all over an entire shelf of religious books at a library.

Disgusting, in many ways.

I agree, not freedom of speech at all! How could someone defile books like that?!

Who cares what the contents are; they're books!!
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I am a rabid proponent of freedom of speech, but freedom of speech does not equal destruction of property!

Freedom of speech is letting the books alone whether you agree with them or not.
      https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

Comment

Not only is it disgusting, but just downright wrong! Peeing on books =/= Freedom Of Speech
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I know that the thread title mentions freedom of speech. Most likely it was tongue-in-cheek.

In the meantime, if you read the article carefully, you'll see that nobody in the article or the comments called it freedom of speech. Nobody with any sense would even think that.

Since freedom of speech is not what the article is about, let's move on.
          Last edited by Dips; 04-17-2009, 06:11 PM.
          The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

That's just nasty.
            bleh

Comment

Quoth Dips View Post
              I know that the thread title mentions freedom of speech. Most likely it was tongue-in-cheek.
              It was tongue-in-cheek.
              Last edited by Dips; 04-19-2009, 10:39 AM.

Comment

change title to Peedom of sPEEch?

hehe
                In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
                She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

This really (pardon the pun) pisses me off!

For me, libraries are places I treat with much respect, because they contain alot of knowledge and memories. Religious or not, people are still going to want to read them, so it truly disrespectful to deprive them of that right!

Comment

I've already had to delete a post. Let's drop the freedom of speech angle. It was a JOKE, folks.
                    Last edited by Dips; 04-19-2009, 10:43 AM.
                    The best karma is letting a jerk bash himself senseless on the wall of your polite indifference.

The stupid is strong with this one.

Comment

That really makes me mad. They're books. Somebody paid for them. People need them for their research. People can't use those books anymore because of this toad. Library=/=Bathroom.

1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
                      -----
                      http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Working...
                      X