This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first day at my new job.

I'm posting it here, and i think this is the right place for it - it's not a retail story, but it's about my new job.

for those that didn't see it on the old board (or just forgot) i'm now a professional actor (and no i don't mean i wait tables whilst auditioning - i'm a paid actor for Neighbours, an australian soap opera)

friday was my 1st day on set, and it was the street set, which is a real street in a suburb of melbourne, which is great, except for one thing - the english tourists. neighbours is so popular in england that if channel 10 (the australian network that screens it) dropped it, production would continue just for england.

it's fair to say the english fans are obsessive - big time. i'm on set doing a scene, and lunch is called and i think great i sit down to eat and one of the other guys i was shooting with (ryan maloney - "toadfish") ended up spening the entire 30 min lunjch break signing autographs and taking photos for the english tour group that showed up..
    than he grabbed me, introduced me to the crowd and than they wanted my autograph. it was so cool, but when i had to leave i felt so bad leaving some people without an autograph. i guess thats why i need to wait till a production assistant runs over and grabs me - i blame it on them insted.

I'm glad you're having fun Tejas. I think "fan" issue is a problem everywhere. Don't feel bad about not being able to give an autograph. There are time and places for everything, your lunch break is not the time. However, there is something to be said for pimping yourself
    I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Quoth Tejas
      for those that didn't see it on the old board (or just forgot) i'm now a professional actor (and no i don't mean i wait tables whilst auditioning - i'm a paid actor for Neighbours, an australian soap opera)
      Color me jealous! You're doing what I've always wanted to do. I love acting, but Real Life has such an irritating tendency to get in the way of one's hobbies.

Big congratulations on landing a dream job! You'll learn how to juggle your fans before too long.
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, Tejas!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!!!
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Oh im so happy for you and so jealous at the same time....

Pea green with envy (but happy someone made it)!!!

Congradulations!
          I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Quoth Tejas
            i'm now a professional actor (and no i don't mean i wait tables whilst auditioning - i'm a paid actor for Neighbours, an australian soap opera)
            i relise this may have came off insulting to those who do wait tables and if anyone is offended i appologise. it's an old joke amongst my actor buddies that when we are asked what we do we say we are actors, and some one else from the group says "oh you wait tables than".

Comment

Congrats on your job!
              If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Let us know which one is you when your shows are aired - im not a soap watcher, but it would be cool to see someone on TV and say "yeah, theyre on a forum im on"
                "don't go to the neighbors,that's just what the fire expects you to do"-phillippbo
                "Please do not look into laser with remaining eyeball."
                Support bacteria.They're the only culture some people have.

Comment

Quoth stormtreader
                  but it would be cool to see someone on TV and say "yeah, theyre on a forum im on"
                  Don't that happens almost every episode of Cops?
                  I've lost my mind ages ago. If you find it, please hide it.

Comment

Congratulations on your acting job, Tejas (Please don't decide to launch a singing career off the back of it though) ! I haven't watched Neighbours since Mrs Mangel was in it, so I am not in the least up to speed with characters, but that's really great news for you.
                    A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                    - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Barefootgirl
                      Congratulations on your acting job, Tejas (Please don't decide to launch a singing career off the back of it though) ! I haven't watched Neighbours since Mrs Mangel was in it, so I am not in the least up to speed with characters, but that's really great news for you.
                      Lol - i don't plan to sing. i do all my singing at church - badly. thats one gurantee i'll make. i will not be going a kylie/delta/almost everyone else that has been in neighbours

Quoth stormtreader
                      Let us know which one is you when your shows are aired - im not a soap watcher, but it would be cool to see someone on TV and say "yeah, theyre on a forum im on"
                      theres about an 8 month lead in time from filming to screening in australia, and i think about 12 months between filming and screening in the UK. i can't give to much away except to say... FIRE!!
                      Last edited by Tejas; 07-12-2006, 04:37 PM.

Comment

This looks to be it?

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/N/...neighbours.htm

Wow cool new job Congrats

Comment

Working...
                        X