• Show
Clear All

• I so can't believe I get to put this up first

This one goes out to Gravekeeper

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/north/story...ut-flight.html

Would you do it lol
    I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Was it the Pimp Juice or the pink camo?

Nunavut man decides he does not want to wait at airport and leave the plane a bit early.

Man leaps to death from Nunavut-bound airplane

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Guess he was on the wrong flight.
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I don't blame the guy. Jumping out of an airplane is a better alternative then being in Nunavut.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
          I don't blame the guy. Jumping out of an airplane is a better alternative then being in Nunavut.
          I was going to say the same thing - Nunavut can't be that bad, can it?
          Quote Dalesys:
          ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
            Are you kidding me!? We watched the Nunavut cartoon on Noggin yesterday (again!) and Child Rum has 1. Decided that "Nunavut" is her new favorite word and 2. She wants to go visit.

Comment

Not to be the one bringing up the sour end of this article, but uhm. A guy jumped to his death from a plane. Nunavut or not, that's really disturbing and sad. I wonder why he did it. Rest In Peace, regardless...

Comment

Oh my goodness...how was he even able to open the door?

Poor man. I also feel for the pilots. What an awful way to die...

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                  Not to be the one bringing up the sour end of this article, but uhm. A guy jumped to his death from a plane. Nunavut or not, that's really disturbing and sad. I wonder why he did it. Rest In Peace, regardless...
                  Well ... everyone on the plane says he jumped.

Comment

Quoth Chazzie View Post
                    Not to be the one bringing up the sour end of this article, but uhm. A guy jumped to his death from a plane. Nunavut or not, that's really disturbing and sad.
                    Thank you!!!

I was afraid to say anything, but all the threads posting this story rather sickened me from the beginning. (3 threads so far that I know of - 2 were merged, 1 was deleted.)

When did people become so callous that the apparent suicide of a man is something to be laughed at, just because it happened in the skies over an area that has been set up as an object of scorn for this board, simply for the reason that a member gets odd and annoying phone calls from a handful of people who live there?

Would this story be so funny if it happened over any other area in the world?
                    Would we be pointing fingers and mocking an obviously disturbed person's suicidal actions if it happened anywhere else but over Nunavut?

The whole mocking of an entire geographical area has always pissed me off, but I am alone in that, apparently. Probably 99% of our members have never even set foot in this area or are even familiar with it, yet it and the people who live there are a major running joke, based on a few stories with jokes made at their expense.
                    Would it be allowed if someone started posting about calls made from someplace in the US, (*closing eyes and randomly pointing to a spot on the map) let's say Arkansas, for example, and we all started joking about the intelligence of everyone who lives there?
                    I doubt it very much.

*Stepping off soapbox now.
                    Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

No, it wouldn't have been so funny. It is a tragic event that took place. So RIP guy and I hope his family has been getting lots of prayer and some closure as to why he may have done this.

Comment

Working...
                      X