Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive a PT Cruiser....laugh all you want. I love my car and I made the payments. I like it because its unique out of the factory.... I once had a "lady" (I was mid twenties and she was late 40's) comment about how ugly the PT is. I came around the corner at the precise moment she made the comment and said "That's thegreat thing about our country- -we get to choose. I chose to buy this car and I love it." I smiled at her, got in my car and drove away. And because its black it does tend to look like a hearse...I told one dude that I keep a shovel and a pine box in the back for "special emergencies"
    So to the OP you weren't a douche - you expressed your opinion.... too bad the driver happened to turn at the wrong time. I make fun of the cars all the time (please - a 1995 cirrus with a hood scoop bought at Crappy Tire and a "wing" bought at Home Depot??)

Comment

Quoth I don't work here View Post
      I make fun of the cars all the time (please - a 1995 cirrus with a hood scoop bought at Crappy Tire and a "wing" bought at Home Depot??)
      Hehe there are several similar-looking vehicles where I work. One is a beat-up Neon that's been spray-painted some sort of peach color. Not only that, but it does have a wing (why?), fake hood scoop, cheap-looking rims, massive fart can, and those stupid clear taillights. It's not fast at all, and is usually seen attempting burn-outs in various parking lots.

Not far from the Neon, is a beat-up Mercury Villager van. This thing is literally held together with duct tape, has the entire passenger side bashed on, and usually requires a jump-start about once a week. At least it doesn't have any mods, but is usually stationary for some reason. Oh, and it has a Club on the steering wheel. Again, why?

And yes, I do make fun of cars like that. There's a huge difference in fixing your car up, and making it look like shit. Sorry, but if your car looks like a rejected "walk-on car" from those Fast & Furious movies, it *deserves* to be made fun of.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
        And yes, I do make fun of cars like that. There's a huge difference in fixing your car up, and making it look like shit. Sorry, but if your car looks like a rejected "walk-on car" from those Fast & Furious movies, it *deserves* to be made fun of.
        More than a few of those turkeys around here, in the NW corner of South Carolina, though they're in close competition with the Mexicans around here who take a different route to "ugly".

I think the one that got the biggest laugh out of me was when I was driving up to Raleigh-Durham to pay for a speeding ticket I'd gotten on an earlier NC trip, and some douchebag in a 1st gen Miata comes up beside my car at the time, a 95 Eagle Talon TSi (FWD, turbo), and revved his engine at me like he wanted a race. The car had a handful of "cool" car part brand stickers on it, but as far as I could tell from the sound it was totally stock.

Obviously the guy was an idiot (cop-heavy and busy stretch of interstate, trying to take a car for which "straight-line speed" is not an attribute against one that's more suited to that task), but he really should've felt embarrassed trying to rev that rubber band at me menacingly...

(That said, I was awfully tempted to step on it and blow him away, but like I said, I was on the road to pay a speeding ticket. I wasn't going to get another one just to tell some sad-sack ricetard STFU in an unmistakable manner.)
        No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
          I think the one that got the biggest laugh out of me was when I was driving up to Raleigh-Durham to pay for a speeding ticket I'd gotten on an earlier NC trip, and some douchebag in a 1st gen Miata comes up beside my car at the time, a 95 Eagle Talon TSi (FWD, turbo), and revved his engine at me like he wanted a race. The car had a handful of "cool" car part brand stickers on it, but as far as I could tell from the sound it was totally stock.
          Reminds me of the Mustang driver I encountered with the Tercel... He thought his 6 cylinders could intimidate me. Little did he know... Anyway, I dropped it into 3rd and stood on it. When I pulled away from him in the twisty part, and threw it into 4th, the look on his face was great. His jaw actually dropped, and hit the steering wheel

Apparently, that car had not only been comparing notes with my MG, but also the previous owner had done some work to it. IIRC, it was fitted with bigger valves, different brakes (from a Corolla), and someone had lowered it. Other than that, it was completely stock.

Then there's my now-gone Mazda Protege ES. That thing...literally had "BMW verve for half the price." Great driver's car, but a bitch to work on. Anyway, during the last year I had it, the exhaust fell off. As I'm driving home from work, *every* idiot in a riced-out POS wanted to race me
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
          X