This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth protege View Post
    I thought I should mention this. It's usually not a good idea to put *stickers* on someone else's car. They could always call the cops and get you busted for vandalism. Not worth it, in my opinion.
    While I agree, in all fairness, some of those pictures shown on that site, are OBVIOUSLY photoshopped.
    <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

How about people who are so anal retentive about parking that they MUST back into a parking spot, every time? God forbid they have to pull in and then have to back out when they leave!

It's always the people who CANNOT back their vehicle in that insist on doing it. A lot of people I work with. A few women in large SUVS and a guy in an enormous truck who parks cockeyed, or gets a little too close to hitting surrounding vehicles when he does it.

There's nothing wrong with not being able to back in, I'll admit I'm probably not the best myself. That's why I pull in, and back out when I leave. Oh. So. Difficult.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
        How about people who are so anal retentive about parking that they MUST back into a parking spot, every time? God forbid they have to pull in and then have to back out when they leave!

It's always the people who CANNOT back their vehicle in that insist on doing it. A lot of people I work with. A few women in large SUVS and a guy in an enormous truck who parks cockeyed, or gets a little too close to hitting surrounding vehicles when he does it.

There's nothing wrong with not being able to back in, I'll admit I'm probably not the best myself. That's why I pull in, and back out when I leave. Oh. So. Difficult.
        heh, i practiced backing and parallel parking for weeks in a 1973 Chrysler New Yorker ... the largest non limo wheelbase in the states at that time ... I can parallel park damned near anything smaller than that or a suburban jebus-cab SUV. Though I admit, I generally don't bother backing into parking spaces though I am guilty of pulling through until i am facing out of the next one if it is opened

I do back into my driveway, I live on a country road just to one side of a curve that makes my drive blind ... and the jackasses do 60+ MPH on a 30 MPH speedlimit road making it hazardous to back out.
        EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

I have no issue with people who prefer to do it, as long as they can do it without taking several tries or hitting other vehicles.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

if you want to laugh at people who really can't park, or shake your heads sadly at that fact, just look for it on youtube. There's some hilarious ones, and others that make you wonder how this person hasn't ended up in the darwin awards yet.
            We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

If you can't park it, don't drive it.

Another pet peeve of mine is people who park small cars as far fowrad as possible in the spot so you can't see the back end past the car next to it and so you think the spot is empty until you're almost in it.

I drive a small hatchback, I park so the back end is inside the space but far enough back that you can see it from further along the row. It's not hard.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                I hate the cars that park between handicap cars in the yellow lines between the spaces that are meant for the wheelchair ramps.
                for the people that do that, we hit the ramp door button on the remote, and listen for the nice satisfying scratching and crunching sounds that the sound of metal landing on metal makes.
                Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                  I recently watched a women try to park a smart car(you know those little two passenger cars) take at least 6 attempts to park. I was able to park my SUV in one attempt. really how hard can it be to park a smart car.
                  [snark]
                  Buying a Smart car already shows an appalling lack of intelligence.
                  [/snark]

(Seriously, the mileage they get for their size is lame, and they can't even get out of the way of their own damn shadow, let alone get up to road speeds [and not highway, either] in less than half a day. )
                  No matter how low my opinion of humanity as a whole gets, there are always over-achievers who seek to surpass my expectations.

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
                    [snark]
                    [/snark]

(Seriously, the mileage they get for their size is lame, and they can't even get out of the way of their own damn shadow, let alone get up to road speeds [and not highway, either] in less than half a day. )
                    According to their website they get 33 city/41 highway. A Hybrid Tahoe gets 22 highway. Does seem kinda sad when you compare car sizes and weights.

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
                      Small European diesels get the similar mileage. For twice the legroom. And have decent accellaration.

Volkswagen have solved the problems inherent in having a supercharger and a turbocharger on the same diesel engine, and their super turbo diesel is amazing.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                        I hate the cars that park between handicap cars in the yellow lines between the spaces that are meant for the wheelchair ramps.
                        I saw this the other day. And put a "you park like an asshole" ticket under their windshield wiper. Sadly, I didn't have time to stay and watch the reaction, but I am kinda glad I got to use one.
                        We Pick Up the Pieces

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
                          [snark]
                          [/snark]
                          As one of my good friends put on her facebook page:

"No one looks smart driving a smartcar."

Just struck me funny.
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Nohbody View Post
                            [snark]
                            [/snark]
                            That's why, in another thread (one of them pulled a right turn in front of me from the straight ahead lane, and due to a combination of relative sizes, and the fact that their vehicle was the same colour as my 18 wheeler, they were very lucky I saw them) I referred to them as "Daimler Urban Mobile Boxes".
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I might not be the best at parking 100% of the time... but usually if I pull into a spot and realize.... I'm parked like an ASS. I'll back up and try again till I park better.

Quoth drunkenwildmage View Post
                              for the people that do that, we hit the ramp door button on the remote, and listen for the nice satisfying scratching and crunching sounds that the sound of metal landing on metal makes.
                              ...That is so EVIL! .... I love it. What is better is they really cant do crap about it since you have to be able to get out of your car.
                              "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                              -Red

Comment

Oh man, I hate it when you see the little cars parked right up the front of a space! There's a shopping centre here (undercover parking) that has put a light system in. There are lights hanging above each parking space. Green light means space is empty, red light means space is full.. such a great idea.

Also get shitty when people on motorbikes decide to take up a normal car-sized space just because they don't feel like parking in the specifically-sized motorbike parking spaces. Today though, I saw a couple who had parked their bikes (2) in one car-sized space, which isn't so bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X