This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth SuperNat View Post
    There's a shopping centre here (undercover parking) that has put a light system in. There are lights hanging above each parking space. Green light means space is empty, red light means space is full.. such a great idea.
    That is a great idea. I know it'd be expensive, but I'd love to see them put in a system like that here. Perhaps they will over time.
    I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
    My LiveJournal
    A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth SuperNat View Post
      Also get shitty when people on motorbikes decide to take up a normal car-sized space just because they don't feel like parking in the specifically-sized motorbike parking spaces. Today though, I saw a couple who had parked their bikes (2) in one car-sized space, which isn't so bad.
      Not that there are actual spaces for motorcycles in my apartment complex, anyway, but there's someone who has a bike and it drives me nuts because I'll get all the way down in the back parking lot thinking there's an empty spot and then see the bike is there, and it's a dead end so I have to turn around, which is not all that easy back there.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth SuperNat View Post
        Oh man, I hate it when you see the little cars parked right up the front of a space! There's a shopping centre here (undercover parking) that has put a light system in. There are lights hanging above each parking space. Green light means space is empty, red light means space is full.. such a great idea.

Also get shitty when people on motorbikes decide to take up a normal car-sized space just because they don't feel like parking in the specifically-sized motorbike parking spaces. Today though, I saw a couple who had parked their bikes (2) in one car-sized space, which isn't so bad.
        My school has specifically marked motorcycle spaces for commuters and in the resident student lots compact car/motorcycle parking spaces. sadly I have yet to see a cycle parked n one, always on one of the full size spaces. Grrrrr.

Comment

I hate people that can't park!

see.. now i CANNOT parrallel park (i could when I was 16 and had do to it for my drivers test but 9 years later and NEVER having to do it. I can't so i just don't. I'll find a spot i can just pull into and walk the extra block if I have to no biggie). But I DO know that IF you are parrallel parking you can't pull into it like you would normally. You know you have to line up with the car in front of your spot, and BACK into it in order to oh i dunno.. park straight and not either A. run up the curb (seen it) or B. have part of your car VERY OBVIOUSLY sticking into traffic causing everyone to have to swerve AROUND your car or hit it... while you get out and go on your merry way like the blonde bimbo you are (seen it :P).

bigger pet peeve is those who park taking up like.. 2 or even THREE (yes 3) spaces because either A. they cannot pull in straight :S or B. they feel their car is SOOOOO nice they just have to park so no one can park beside them.

Best revenge I got me and my friend were driving to canadian tire for.. soemthing. dunno what now. Anyways saw some car that was some kind of convertible. my friend had his car and i had mine as we were meeting up @ canadian tire.

So mr asshole had parked across 3 friggin spots! at an angle. so me and my friend pulled in REALLLY close on either side of his car so he wouldn't be able to get out.

sorry... no wait im not sorry. if hed parked like a normal person he could've been on his merry way. but instead he had to wait for my buddy to ifnish getting whatever he needed and for us to come back adn move our cars.

Yes he went ballistic on us but so what I pointed out if he didn't park like an asshole then he wouldn't have an issue. and.. done rant. sorry guys
          Common sense... So rare it's a goddamn superpower.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
            According to their website they get 33 city/41 highway. A Hybrid Tahoe gets 22 highway.
            ...and an '07 Corolla (at least mine ) manages to knock down between 35-45mpg. Much bigger car, more powerful engine, etc. plus you get five gears to play with. Never really understood why you'd want a Smart car, since for a few grand more, you can get a proper car
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I've never seen specifically designed motorcycle spaces anywhere I've lived. But a motorcycle, being a legal motor vehicle, has the right to use any designated parking space (even handicap if they have a plate or tag). What I hate is motorcycles parking in the crosswalk, fire lane, sidewalk or in-between handicap spots. I let them have it! If they want the rights of a motor vehicle, they have to obey the law!
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I see an example of this all the time at work. My coworker TC drives some expensive car... and ALWAYS parks it so its taking up two spaces vertically-- she pulls into the space, and then carries on pulling forward until she's half in the space in front of her as well. Her excuse is "Every time I park it normally, someone hits it."

But today I went to the post office to deliver some packages for my mother. The place was pretty busy, almost every spot was full. And I see some muppet's parked their minivan horizontally across THREE spaces. I saw someone was sitting in the driver's seat-- suggesting they'd pulled over to wait for their buddy to finish dropping off or picking up or whatever.

I wanted to take the Clue By Four to them. It's busy at the post office, and there's people coming in who can't park because of you, dumbass! I was pissed at him.
                PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Oh come on now, you know that most of these jerks deliberately take as many parking spaces as possible to avoid have someone bump their expensive vehicle. Of course, that wouldn't stop someone from keying them

Comment

Just got back from seeing a soccer mom park her SUV across 3 spaces right in front of a sign that said "COMPACT CARS ONLY"

Comment

Quoth sylvier View Post
                      Oh come on now, you know that most of these jerks deliberately take as many parking spaces as possible to avoid have someone bump their expensive vehicle.
                      Ugh. Sounds like the idiot I saw at IKEA the other day. This twit decided to park his riced-out Civic...with one wheel in each space. That is, he was in the *center* of 4 spots! Needless to say, that store is always very busy, and why he did that, I have no idea. I mean, it's a fucking Civic! It's not rare by any means, nor is it expensive. Hell, I bet the "mods" (fart cannon, ugly graphics, park-bench spoiler, to name a few) he did to it actually *decreased* the value by about 2/3!

At least he got what was coming. When I was going back to my car, along with some Swedish goodies, I saw that someone had let the air out of his tires, along with a nasty note on his windshield. Sorry, but if you pull a stunt like that, especially where parking is at a premium, you *deserve* getting your car messed with.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

So long as we're talking about assholes parking...

I came out of class one day to find this:

Two more images of the same: http://webbstuff.net/evilneko/camaro-v-impala2.jpg http://webbstuff.net/evilneko/camaro-v-impala3.jpg
                        He had to have known he bumped me. Now, I had just gotten a ticket for my license plate lights being out, and coming out to see this was not making me happy. I worried that he might've busted my brand new lights, or cracked my bumper. Fortunately for him there was no damage.

And then there's THIS asshole </PennJillette>

Ooh, your 80's truck is sooo special.

Both assholes will soon appear on youparklikeanasshole.com.
                        Supporting the idiots charged with protecting your personal information.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                          According to their website they get 33 city/41 highway.
                          For a car the size of a Smart car, that kind of mileage is inexcusable. A Geo Metro, which is similarly sized, probably gets significantly better mileage than that.

Shit, my 2002 Saturn might be in that same ballpark as far as gas mileage goes, and at least it has some size to it and something in front of you should you be hit head-on.

I guess the only attraction to buying a Smart car is to make the statement that you care about the Earth and shit, in which case you should just break down and buy a hybrid instead.

I would only begin to consider a Smart car if it were to be used only for city driving, and then I would be extra super cautious with it. If I took it out on the highway, I'd be one inattentive driver away from being scraped off the Interstate with a spatula.
                          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Our Yaris isn't that much bigger than a Smart car, but it gets similar mileage, and dammit, I could pack all of us and enough stuff for a 2-3 day trip to Maine (depends on whether you count the driving time LOL) or a good trip to BJ's Wholesale for me and my husband.
                            Any day you're looking down at the dirt instead of up at the dirt is a good day.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                              Try TWO massive SUVs who think that it'd be a great time to play "Sandwich the Neon", especially in smaller parking lots like the tanning salon that I go to.

Pfft, jealous of my fuel economy are you?

I've done that... But only to a co-worker, as a joke. A coworker of mine just got a brand new little Honda, and parked it in one of the parallel parking spaces along side the building. Now, of course, we can't leave well enough alone, so...

I ran into the back and yelled to one of our chefs "Dude, [coworker] parked her new car on the north side of the building, grab your chevy and meet me over there!"

I guided him in, very carefully of course, as he parked his pickup truck one inch off of [coworker]'s front bumper, and he likewise guided me in as i parked my (big) car about an inch off [coworker]'s rear bumper.

At the end of her shift, she went outside to head home. ... Came back in a minute later, looked at us, and said "You guys!"

Comment

On my way home from work, I stopped by the post office to drop off some mail and I saw that one asshole had taken up 4 parking spaces.

Comment

Working...
                                X