Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A classic case of what we call "Super F**ked-up S**t".

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A classic case of what we call "Super F**ked-up S**t".

My friend was driving home from school yesterday, and wrecked trying to avoid...

...A doghouse in the middle of the interstate. Sans dog, of course. She had to go home early because of whiplash (my poor baby).

This particular interstate always seems to have Super Fucked-up Shit in it, too. I've run over a muffler and a particularly big piece of shredded tire (in the same spot, but on separate occasions) on it. Both times I've been afraid that I damaged my undercarriage (thankfully, no).
    "We were put on this Earth to fart around, and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise." -Kurt Vonnegut

The only thing I can think of is when I almost got hit by a flying folding chair on I-85. (It had blown out of the bed of the truck ahead of me.)
    Now the trouble about trying to make yourself stupider than you really are is that you very often succeed.

Comment

One time my mom and I were on the freeway when a plywood sheet that was the bottom of someone' trailer peeled off, if it weren't for quick reflexes and the fact that noone was in the lane next to me we would have been hit by it.

Comment

Chuckles, "One of the morning shows out here was keeping a list of things reported to them on the highway. The list included ladders, shop vac, kiddie pool, a sauna, and just about anything else you can imagine."
        Seph
        Taur10
        "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I was driving my drunk brother home and nearly gave him a concusion when I dodged a complete computer set - keyboard, monitor, the whole lot looking worse for wear - in the middle of our 3 lane highway

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
            One time my mom and I were on the freeway when a plywood sheet that was the bottom of someone' trailer peeled off, if it weren't for quick reflexes and the fact that noone was in the lane next to me we would have been hit by it.
            I had to re-read that twice.... and while I'm glad nothing untoward happened to you and your mu, I can't help but laugh when imagine the look on the trailer owners face when he realised..

On that note, Ive been on the other end.
            Ex-gf was moving flats, and being the good free labour.... uh... BF I was, I was helping (including picking up the whole bloody trailer, but thats another story)
            We had hired a trailer with a cage around it (4 grid wall things, no roof) and as we went down the road, matress and other bedroom furniture onboard, I casually asked her when she would be getting tie-downs, as she had none. Her lack of reply, and focussed look on the rear view mirror caused me to look out the back window, to see the lovely sight of... the trailer, sans matress.

No accidents were caused, but when we circled back (in about 5mins) we recovered the matress bag.... Empty. Neither hide nor hair of that matress was ever seen again. She bought a new one.... after buying tie downs.....

I managed to balance out the good-bf credit from lifting the trailer, by commenting "I'm more annoyed that I didn't get to see it take off. Because that'd be awesome".
            "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
            Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

I personally witnessed a Darwin Award Candidate with a pickup truck overload of folding tables. "Tiedowns? I don't need no stinkin' tiedowns!"

Yep, when he made his left turn at least eight tables slid over the side and into the street. Then Mr. Moron blocked traffic up good retrieving them.

Some people shouldn't be allowed out of their homes...

Comment

I nearly totaled my grandmother's car because of an object in the middle of a highway...

She was out of town, and I'd spent the day cleaning her car, and "running off some of the odometer zeros." That car really was owned by a little old lady who only drove it on Sundays

Anyway, I'd borrowed it and was returning from a shopping trip. Usually, the trip is pretty uneventful. That is, until I got past the Laboratory exit on I-79, heading south. No sooner do I come over the hill (in the *passing* lane, when the car ahead of me jams on the brakes at 70mph

Seems that a BBQ grill had bounced out of the pickup ahead of him, and was now sitting in the freaking passing lane Somehow, he managed to scrub off enough speed, and swerved just enough to clip the grill, tossing it into the median.

Grandma's Olds had ABS, but even I couldn't stop on a dime. Pretty damn close though, even if it was at 70mph. I avoided the entire mess, and so did the truck behind me. Still don't know how, as a '95 Cutlass Ciera isn't exactly a small vehicle, has the turning circle (at least compared to the Mazda I had then) of a cruise ship, and has a suspension to match

But, I do know that if I had wrecked her car, she would have kicked my ass, and then killed me. It wouldn't have stopped there--my mother, who is a nurse, would have resuscitated my ass...so she could kill me again!
                Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I was behind a truck with an open bed of haybales on it. Once we hit the highway, haybales started flying all over the place! Luckily, there was light traffic and I had room to manuver around the bouncing obsticles. It was like a 1st person video game! When I was out of danger, then it was funny.
                  "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I had something like that happen. I was following behind this truck pulling a trailer loaded with a stack of foam insulation panels, /totally unsecured/. So naturally once the truck hit the highway and got up to 70 MPH, the top sheet flew off and bounced off the top of our car. Thankfully it was just lightweight foam and it glanced off the roof, so it didn't do anything, but boy it scared the hell of out me.
                    A fact of life: After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says W T F.....

Comment

I was going home from work one morning (worked nights then) and see two cop cars sitting in the center lane, one state and one city, with the lights flashing. I get around them and see that there's a jacuzzi sitting in the center lane of Route 3, and they wanted to make sure that no (more) cars bashed into it.

Funniest one I ever heard, though, was when there was a Port-o-san sitting in Route 80 in the middle of the morning rush. No word on whether anyone was inside at the time.

Comment

We used to haul hay for our horses in a half-ton pickup. I think the first time we did it, we lost a bale. We were on county roads, though, not the interstate. We stopped, tied things down more securely, and kept going. (Yes, we took the hay with us.)

Once my boyfriend and I were driving along the Gardiner Expressway downtown in Toronto, and right around the Humber Hump area there was an oven door. No oven, just a door. We called the police to come move it.

Comment

You sometimes find saunas on the railway, too...

Comment

Two things that scare the hell out of me are hay, and furniture (especially mattresses). Why? Because these are the bulky commodities most likely to be transported by amateurs who've never heard of cargo securement. One time, I saw a mattress strapped to the roof of a car with a single light-gauge cord side-to-side around its midpoint, and it was bent over nearly double by the force of the airstream.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

This is one I still wish I had video or *something* for. A bunch of us with trucks were helping a friend move. Truck ahead of the one I was the passenger in, on I-5...the queen mattress blew out, FLIPPED midair, and landed in the back of the truck I was in on top of the boxes full of kitchen stuff and canned food.

We just pulled over and the driver, Joey, hopped out and grabbed some bungee cords from behind his seat to strap it down. Meanwhile the dipshit that hadn't tied it down had stopped and ran back to apologize, he wasn't allowed to haul anything else in his truck. Stupidity is dangerous.

The friend who we were helping move, his mom and dad were apparently behind us somewhere on the freeway and the way his dad tells it, she started screaming and waving her arms so frantically when she saw the mattress go up in the air that the dad almost drove off the road.
                              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Working...
                              X