X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clean off your car

Dear fellow Washingtonians.

We've had a bit of snow this week, haven't we? I see you've gotten your car out of your driveway, down whatever side-road you're on, and onto the main road. Good for you!

There's just one thing you forgot. Namely, the six inches of snow piled atop your vehicle. You see, when you move, that snow flies off, and if I'm behind you, lands on my windshield. Or it will slide forward and land on your windshield. Either way, it means one of us can't see, and that's not good, especially in this weather.

The other day, a car was coming to a stop. As soon as he stopped, fwoom! Six-inches of snow slid forward, blanketing his windshield. And as I drove off, it looked like his wipers just weren't cutting it with that much snow.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Sorry you were behind me. *hides*
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

This is a pet peeve of mine in the winter. I make sure my car is as well cleaned off as I can get it each time it snows. For one, I hate cleaning my windows off only to have snow slide back over them, and for two, I know how dangerous it can be to have snow randomly flying off of your car at other vehicles. Common courtesy: Something that, unfortunately, isn't so common anymore!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

In many places, this is actually illegal, which is a little known fact. It's also rarely enforced. I know it is illegal here, but it didn't stop me from getting blasted with snow off of several other vehicles last week because they didn't clean their roof.

Comment

I'm kind of lazy about the hood of my car but the top? That always gets cleared off.

Comment

Quoth Gerrinson View Post
            In many places, this is actually illegal, which is a little known fact. It's also rarely enforced. I know it is illegal here, but it didn't stop me from getting blasted with snow off of several other vehicles last week because they didn't clean their roof.
            It's illegal where I live too, but it's _never_ enforced unfortunately!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
              I suppose one could always make a nice annonymous call to 911....
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I always clean off my car completely, that way I don't inconvenience anybody.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth Sarah Valentine View Post
                  I always clean off my car completely, that way I don't inconvenience anybody.
                  I always clean off my car completely, that way I don't inconvenience myself.

...what? I don't care about other people on the roads. Those people are crazy!
                  PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
                    I suppose one could always make a nice annonymous call to 911....
                    that also assumes that the cops care.

nothing against LEOs but ... i've seen some cities where I think they wouldn't give a crap... mainly because almost every car on the road was doing it.

i'm not saying it justifies driving like that but... that could overwhelm them.

Comment

I clean as much off my car as I can reach, but I'm only 4' 10.5" tall, so my car usually ends up looking like it's got a mohawk...
                      "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                        ... so my car usually ends up looking like it's got a mohawk...
                        Colour it flourescent pink!
                        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth greek_jester View Post
                          I clean as much off my car as I can reach, but I'm only 4' 10.5" tall, so my car usually ends up looking like it's got a mohawk...
                          a push broom is your friend....
                          Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                            It's definitely frowned upon here in the UK, the police were pulling drivers over last year about it, last 2 winters were bad for snow unfortunately we've hardly had any this year. I saw quite a few plonkers get caught although I've no idea whether they were just made to clear it off or were given a fixed penalty etc

Even so you still see people driving with 2 or 3 cm at least of snow on the roof. I can kind of understand it on a Van as they are a pain to clear, but a car?
                            Not y3k compatible

Comment

I have one of those ice-scrapey/brush combos. Works good on the car, and Hubby's Datsun pick-up. We'd probably need a full-size broom for the f250, though. (It didn't move this time, as it's not wanting to start, and it has bald tires anyways.)
                              Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
                              X