This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the guy in the Smart car...

...quit attempting to rev that thing at traffic lights. Seriously, stop it. Yes, I know that my Corolla isn't the fastest thing out there. But, it does have a much bigger engine, more room, better fuel economy (yes really)...and (most importantly) will smoke your ass at traffic lights. Even my 1959 Radio-Flyer has a higher top end than your car does.

I see that guy every morning and every night on the way to/from work. He's hard to miss, with all the revving. At least he's in the rear-view mirror quickly...unless I get stuck behind that POS attempting to climb one of Pittsburgh's many hills!
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

We towed one of those for illegal parking once,

Saw it coming down the block on the truck and thought "Man, that looks like an ant carrying in a crumb from a picnic"
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I'm currently driving my dad's Smart Car, though I'm not keeping it much longer because I really can't afford it.

It's like driving a Matchbox car. It has 3 cylinders. There's very little pickup, so I don't know what Dale Earnhart in your post up there is thinking. The suspension is also very bumpy. I think it's supposed to be sporty, but it's just bone rattling. And it's so light it gets blown around on windy days.

But the fuel economy's great. They do have essentially a steel cage around the passenger compartment. I drove a loaner while this one was getting fixed, and the newer ones have power steering and other little perks, like automatic windshield wipers and a plug for your mp3 player.

It's best for around town and going to the grocery store, but it's two seats and the cargo area is very small. And everybody's always looking at it, which is annoying sometimes. I didn't sign up to be a spokesperson for Smart.
      "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Well damn, somebody's got this male enhancement via motor vehicle thing all wrong.
        Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Draper Mel View Post
          I'm currently driving my dad's Smart Car, though I'm not keeping it much longer because I really can't afford it.

It's best for around town and going to the grocery store, but it's two seats and the cargo area is very small. And everybody's always looking at it, which is annoying sometimes. I didn't sign up to be a spokesperson for Smart.
          From what i understand, the point is its compact size, heck, you can park two in a standard sized parallel parking spotted backed up to the curb. Also its got good build quality, but you pay for that. A Hyndai Accent for example is much cheaper, as good or better in gas mileage, and has more space. But its just a cheap econobox, nothing else, you have to decide what's important obviously.
          Seph
          Taur10
          "You're supposed to be the head of covert intelligence. Right now, I'm not seeing a hell of a lot of intelligence. Covert, overt, or otherwise!"-Lochley, B5, A View from the Gallery

Comment

I'll just leave this here

Comment

Also this:

You can buy wind up keys for them! They'll go on any car, actually, but they're best on Smart cars or VW Beetles.
              "If you pray very hard, you can become a cat person." -Angela, "The Office"

Comment

Is it just me, or does that curved black stripe make it look like it permanently has a broken chassis?

Comment

Quoth Chromatix View Post
                  Is it just me, or does that curved black stripe make it look like it permanently has a broken chassis?
                  Nonono it's desiiiiign *koff*
                  No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

I confess to being one of those people who stares at Smart cars -- I do think they're kinda cute.

But revving the engine?? Who's he trying to kid?

Comment

I'll see your Little Tykes and wind-up Smart cars, and raise you this:

"If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Heh, I confess, after playing Saints Row The Third, where there's a running little side mission to blow up as many of the Smart car expies as you can, I feel an urge to take a rocket to those little things.

Seriously, though, revving an engine in a Smart car? I can hear it now:

vroom vroom vrooooooom vweeeeeeeee
                        PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                          Seriously, though, revving an engine in a Smart car? I can hear it now:

vroom vroom vrooooooom vweeeeeeeee
                          Seriously, he's redlining at what, 3000 RPM?
                          "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            ...quit attempting to rev that thing at traffic lights. Seriously, stop it. Yes, I know that my Corolla isn't the fastest thing out there. But, it does have a much bigger engine, more room, better fuel economy (yes really)...and (most importantly) will smoke your ass at traffic lights. Even my 1959 Radio-Flyer has a higher top end than your car does.

I have a '91 Corolla and I can just picture race off with a smart car.

I have undertaken a brand new Audi going up hill at 160k's an hour. This was in Nov 08. And, yes, I was way over the speed limit of 100. Imagine what I could do to this guy.

Before anyone freaks out, he had been doing 80 in a 100 zone for over half an hour and was speeding up and not allowing me to pass when it was safe to do so. He was also swerving onto the wrong side of a 'one lane both ways' highway. I undertook him because he would not move back to the left lane after overtaking a car where the highway had a designated overtaking lane.
                            Yes. If the police had caught us, both of us would have been walking to the next town, because our cars would have been sent to be crushed.

Thinking about it, the next town was a small group of houses with a pub.
                            A good bookshop is just a genteel Black Hole that knows how to read. - Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Comment

There are mods with a hayabusa engine called a diablo - those little buggers can smoke a ferrari.
                              Maybe the dude thought that came standard? LOL

Comment

Working...
                              X