Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lately I've been seeing alot of people that don't turn their lights on at night.

Oh and the asshole that put a dent in my new car....DIAF douchebag.

Comment

I had an idiot in a pickup truck tailgating me on bad roads, who almost ended up regretting it. I was on a twisty back road during a rain/snow mixture, so I wasn't going as fast as I normally would. As I was going around a particularly bad curve, I saw the truck behind me starting to slide sideways, towards a rock embankment. He didn't hit it, but he must have learned his lesson after that, because he slowed way down.

I had another one who was riding my ass as I was leaving the city on my way home from work. There area bunch of side streets on this road, and sometimes people cut right out in front of you. Someone did just that, causing me to have to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting him. The idiot behind me was barely able to stop. He learned his lesson and backed off after that -- for about two minutes.

One of my other particular hatreds are when someone tailgates me while there are cars right in front of me, meaning I couldn't go any faster even if I wanted to. It's the law of physics, people. You can not go any faster than the car in front of you! If you think it can be done, let's see you do it!

People who are too stupid to go around me, even though there's a passing lane and nobody's in it. No, they'd rather ride my ass. The worst one of those was a few years ago, when my son and I were coming back from a snack run. I was on the highway, in the right lane, and there were two other lanes that were completely clear. This jackass behind me got right on my tail, and wouldn't back off. So finally I just took my foot off the gas completely, and let the car start slowing down naturally. When I got down to about 50, he finally got pissed off and passed me. I wasn't looking at him, but I heard my son tell me, "Dad! He flipped you off!" I wish I would have seen that. I would have smiled and waved at him.

And then there's the idiots coming from the side street or a parking lot, who pull out in front of me, causing me to have to slam on your brakes, and then proceeds to go half the speed I was going. Apparently they're in a hurry to get out in front of me, but not in a hurry to get where they're going.

Along those same lines, there's the ones that can't make up their minds whether they have enough time to pull into traffic. They pull out part way, and then decide they can't make it, after their car is halfway in the intersection. Bonus points if they do this more than once in the same incident.
      Last edited by MadMike; 03-19-2013, 01:55 AM.
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
        harm. Don't try to push them to go faster, or to drop a mono, or anything else [emp. added]
        ok, I'm a language junkie, have some oz friends, and there's obviously plenty of you on the interwebs, but this is a new one on me....

Comment

Ugh, I hate the ass-riders for no reason.

I complained about it before when I used to live farther from work, but I had ducklings follow me to or nearly all the way to work many times. And no, not the cute fuzzy baby ducks. I'm talking about the idiotic or lazy or just plain oblivious people that just want to stay stuck behind you, won't pass you, stay close, but won't pass you...creep up, but won't pass you...
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Those people who seem to think they can lane change out of a turn lane. If you're in the left turn lane, you need to turn left, no ifs, ands, or buts. Even if you have your blinker on to go the other way. Bonus points if they speed to cut you off in order to get to the right place.
            Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

People who don't seem to know what turn signals are for.

People who don't understand that being allowed to make a right turn on red doesn't mean that they have the right of way to make a right turn on red.

People who wait until the last second to get out of a merge lane.

People who think they have the right of way to make turns out of gas stations and parking lots.

People who stop at intersections where they don't have a stop sign.

Comment

Tailgaters, whether it's snowing or not. Get off my bumper, dude. If I had rear pointing 50 cals, I'd use em, and I'm usually a very tolerant old lady…
                Perhaps you need one of these?…

Oh and another peeve - People who tailgate and flash their lights like a madman to say "get out of my way!!!!!!" when you're clearly trying to pass someone already.

Flashing your headlights lights does NOT mean you get the right of way. Especially when you act like a jerk about it.

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  And then there's the idiots coming from the side street or a parking lot, who pull out in front of me, causing me to have to slam on your brakes, and then proceeds to go half the speed I was going. Apparently they're in a hurry to get out in front of me, but not in a hurry to get where they're going.
                  This is one of mine too. Look dumbass, if you ignore the stop sign/yield sign and cut in front of me at least get your sorry ass in gear!

Quoth Eevie View Post
                  Those people who seem to think they can lane change out of a turn lane. If you're in the left turn lane, you need to turn left, no ifs, ands, or buts. Even if you have your blinker on to go the other way. Bonus points if they speed to cut you off in order to get to the right place.
                  Double bonus points if they screw everybody behind them into having to wait for another cycle! Triple if they also cut off somebody in the through lane to get out.

NO DIPSH*T, YOU _WILL_ TURN AND LIKE IT!

Comment

Since we're all equally peeved about tailgaters, I believe this Foamy episode is appropriate. (Warning: Language!)
                    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I nearly had a piece of shit rust bucket giant truck and a stupid old fuck in my backseat earlier.

As per usual, it has snowed, roads are crappy like logging trails....my car at every green light, from a dead stop, takes a second to get some traction and I do not want to spin.

Well, Larry the Cable Guy's dad was in no mood for that attached himself to my license plate and as soon as we got on a service road, went flying past me.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                        the idiots coming from the side street or a parking lot, who pull out in front of me, causing me to have to slam on your brakes, and then proceeds to go half the speed I was going.
                        Major GENERAL Psychotic Fucking Hatred for those who do this when there are no cars visible behind you for twenty f'in' miles! Really? You couldn't wait five lousy seconds 'til I went past?

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                        I believe this Foamy episode is appropriate. (Warning: Language!)
                        Language? Foamy? Surely you jest!

Comment

Quoth sms001 View Post
                          ok, I'm a language junkie, have some oz friends, and there's obviously plenty of you on the interwebs, but this is a new one on me....
                          Probably more correctly 'pop a mono' = wheelie. Usually the numbnuts wanting a wheelie will be hanging out of their car window demanding the rider 'drop a mono, maaaate!' Obligatory cigarette and stubby in hand.

Now, of course, me being a respectable old lady and all, I would never, ever do something so irresponsible and dangerous, Officer, I swear!

Ooh PepperElf, seriously LOVE that patch!
                          Last edited by LesserSouthernFroglet; 03-19-2013, 11:11 PM. Reason: To add a bit

Comment

I'm not a driver, but as I do have a few things to contribute to this topic....

- people apparently have the mindset of "There's a puddle in the road up ahead, and someone walking on the sidewalk. I should speed through that puddle and try to splash that person."

- those who "have" to pull up into the crosswalk when at a red light, thus making it necessary for pedestrians to go into the street a bit to get around them.

Comment

The first big snowfall drivers, Alaska or Michigan it doesn't matter...don't get me started about Georgia drivers when a whopping 1/8th inch fell. The person honking at me when I was sliding sideways down a bridge hill towards the police car in the ditch during a NASTY ice storm is a strong contester though. Like I could do much about what was happening.

In Nevada, it's just Cali drivers in general (smileyeagle knows what I mean)

Quoth LesserSouthernFroglet View Post
                              Now, of course, me being a respectable old lady and all, I would never, ever do something so irresponsible and dangerous, Officer, I swear!
                              I saw a biker do this yesterday, I had to laugh when the vehicle he zoomed past doing it was a state trooper. On the way back I saw the bike being loaded onto a flatbed tow truck. I'm betting that wasn't his first time.
                              Last edited by kpzra; 03-20-2013, 02:20 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

And while I'm at it. The freeway is empty for the most part. Person blows up to my rear, tailgates for a minute or so and then makes the lane change.

Comment

Working...
                                X