This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was this the Evil Stepmom?

Today we went to a local chocolate company's annual tour. The ticket money goes to a different charity every year, and you get to go through the factory area and see how all the varieties of chocolate candy are made.

Free samples, too

They also had chocolate-covered apples.

My youngest sister overheard some old bat bitching to the employees that the apples were "too small!"

Honestly, here's a nice family event, it benefits charity, you get FREE CHOCOLATE and this bitch STILL found something to complain about.

Some people.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

I'm sure Snow White is happy the old bat couldn't find an apple that would work.

Comment

Find her a bigger one and tell her it belongs on the stick already up her ass.
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Find her a bigger one and tell her it belongs on the stick already up her ass.
        Thanks, dude, that's perfect!

FWIW, the apples looked pretty good to me. They weren't tiny ones. Don't know what this old bat wanted....maybe a watermelon?

Comment

My dad would describe the SC in the OP as the type that would "complain if she were being hanged with a new rope."
          He was often good for such colorful sayings.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

My grandfather spent his last years of independent living in an apartment building for seniors. A local restaurant used to have a monthly (IIRC) free dinner for the residents. The restaurant owner finally stopped doing it because -- you guessed it -- there was always one or more of them bitching about one thing or another ... why can we only get one serving of dessert, the food wasn't very good, etc. etc. etc. It's fucking FREE -- if you want four-star cooking, go to a four-star restaurant and pay their four-star prices!

I'm hearing some similar stuff here in my current building (also a seniors' building). I just smile and walk away, thinking "Some of you are so coddled it's not even funny."
            Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
            ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Re: the OP, where's Willy Wonka when you need him?

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                My dad would describe the SC in the OP as the type that would "complain if she were being hanged with a new rope."
                I'd complain too. Old rope is more likely to break, which means you get let off!
                "It is traditional when asking for help or advice to listen to the answers you receive" - RealUnimportant

Rev that Engine Louder, I Can't Hear How Small Your Dick Is - Jay 2K Winger

The Darwin Awards The best site to visit to restore your faith in instant karma.

Comment

Yeah, at the newspaper we had certain ads that could be placed for free. The people who complained the most were not the ones who spent the most money on large ads (like full page or whatever), it was the ones with the FREE ads who constantly bitched and moaned.

We used to joke in the office about "No refunds for free ads" but some of these customers actually tried to demand compensation for something being wrong with their free ads.

Comment

My work does a free staff lunch in the break room every day. The type of food varies; usually it's whatever the kitchen feels like making that day (utilizing excess or leftovers). Overall it's pretty good; a bit salty at times but it's free and at lunchtime the lines at our food counters are ridiculous.

The number of people who complain about the food is astounding. Chef is fond of saying "Well if you don't like it you can get your money back." Some people think that if they don't want staff meal the company will give them money to buy food...I'm betting these are the same people that are stealing from the grocery damages bin (the attitude of "I work here therefore I should get whatever free food I want").
                    "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                    "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Working...
                    X