This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P***ing into the wind

I think 4 people may have just gotten their dumb asses into big trouble here.

I was just coming in from my break when I saw four people near the main entrance to the building attempting to spray paint black lines into T-shirts they'd hung up on the railing.....right by the building's beautiful (and expensive!!!!) custom glass facade....in the wind....and with rows of parked cars not far away.

Me: Are you guys spray-painting????

Woman: Yeah, we're making halloween costumes!

I gave them a highly skeptical "raised-eyebrow" look and just said "OK" before going in, debating whether to rat them out or not.

Well, it was quickly made a moot point, because the Vice President of Facilities for the whole company turned out to be walking in behind me, and he definitely noticed. He sicced the building facilities manager on them to "find out what those nitwits are doing!!!"

Yeah, common sense 101: don't spray paint near anything you don't want to be the same color, espeically in windy conditions!!
    Last edited by Dave1982; 11-02-2018, 06:48 PM. Reason: typo
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Oh dear. Oh dearie me.
    This was one of those times where my mouth says "have a nice day" but my brain says "go step on a Lego". - RegisterAce
    I can't make something magically appear to fulfill all your hopes and dreams. Believe me, if I could I'd be the first person I'd help. - Trixie

Comment

Overspray is a problem in CALM conditions. Rattlebomb paint jobs tend to have lots of overspray, especially in the hands of amateurs.

The glass would be cleanable, fairly easy, even though the bill would be rather stupid. The cars in the lot... forget getting fired, there's a mob-beating in the works, and they don't even know it yet.

Comment

If they'd used brown paint they could claim, "We wuz jus gettin s**tfaced!"
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
          common sense 101: don't....
          There's a class in common sense OTOH, that's a relief--it still isn't a superpower.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

I don't spray-paint anything, ever. Why? I'm a klutz. I can't imagine pulling this stunt. Well, yes I can. I'm smart with no common sense. Carry on.
            "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
            X