X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sodas sodas everywhere

Tail #1

I get a delivery a box type deal with a 2-liter of Pepsi. When I grab the Pepsi I need to check to make sure it is not diet Pepsi as Pepsi did some label changes (Pepsi and diet Pepsi) about 6 months ago that, if you are not paying attention, you could grab the wrong as the labels are/ were similar. AND I KNOW I grabbed a the correct soda.

I get to the address, get payment, hand over the soda, hand over the order and leave. I get back to the store and they are on the phone complaining they DID NOT get their soda. customer get a credit and I am pissed off.

Tail #2

I get an order with 2 pizzas and a breadstick. I get to the door, knock and wait. A lady answers the door I tell her the order and then she starts.

WHERE IS MY SODA????
    I know I checked the ticket and there was no soda on there and I tell the lady this.
    NO I ORDERED a soda
    SOrry no soda.

I take pay for the amount on the ticket. and I know this is gonna be a pain.

The MOD texts me about a missing soda. I text back there was NO soda on the ticket I had.

I arrive back at the store. It turns out the Lady called at the last minute and added a 2-liter.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

#1 - Yep. Always a little scam artist lurking in the delivery area. Always. Had a few get double sodas and such. Not too often, though. Keeping records about SCs does help.
    #2 - Back when I drove for the 'Dice', we had a fully computerized system for orders, which made life so much easier. Phone staff could see if an order was assigned to a driver (and likely on the road/gone) yet if they knew the system at all, or just go look/holler for order #xxx.
    Printed labels made changes easy, since one just slapped the new label on over the old one, with the updated sides and price.
    Too-late changes... Ah well, he's gone. Want to make another order?

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
      I arrive back at the store. It turns out the Lady called at the last minute and added a 2-liter.
      I always hated this. We'd quote half an hour for an order and they would call at 25 minutes, after we had left the store, to add something and then get MAD that we didn't have it in the original order...Worse yet, the order takers would often just amend the old order instead of making a new one, and not tell us. This was when cellphones were less common, but most of us had them.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
      X