This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A couple of bits and pieces ...

I walked up to a cash register today and found a small pile of ads advising you of the wonderful deals you can get if you have [Store's] credit card. I turned to the Head Cashier.

Me: "Are we supposed to hand these out to customers?"

HC: *gives small pile of papers a blank, disinterested look, and then comes over and looks them over more closely. Then shrugs.*

Me:

HC: "I dunno. Nobody told me about this. Nobody tells me anything. And they don't pay me enough to decide about 'em."

Me: *thinks Oooookaaaay ...*

I have to admit, I thought I was the only one who never got told anything.

We had some small coupons that were worth $50 on a purchase of $50 or more (yes, that is correct). I cheerfully handed them out to a couple of customers before I mentioned them to another coworker, who nodded towards a sign that said you had to spend $250 to GET the coupon ... oops. Well, we now have a couple of VERY happy customers. (Again, nobody mentioned them to me when I started my shift.)

Regarding these same coupons, a couple came up to my till with a buggy loaded to the brim and then some. Their final bill came to about $1,000+. I gave them two of the $50 coupons (AFAIK, it was supposed to be one coupon per transaction).

A few minutes later, the woman came back.

Customer: "Hey, you know, it says $50 for spending $250, but we spent about four times that much. Shouldn't we get four or five coupons?'

Well, no, to the best of my knowledge you shouldn't. But again ... NOBODY TOLD ME ANYTHING ... and they had been generally nice and she was asking very politely soooooo ...

I handed her two more and whispered "DON'T TELL MY BOSS!" while looking pointedly around as if to make sure nobody was watching. She grinned, nodded, and left.

What's really funny is, of course, that given the Head Cashier's original comment about "They don't pay me ...", she probably wouldn't have cared a whit even if she HAD seen it.

But ya gotta have some fun at your job, and a bit of drama works as well as anything else.

And finally, when I first started this morning, I ran into several instances where I could not find the bar code, or the code wasn't scanning, or for other reasons I was having trouble determining the price of the item.

You'll never, EVER guess what phrase I heard over and over and over ...
    Last edited by Pixelated; 11-10-2018, 04:18 PM.
    Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
    ~ Mr Hero

Quoth Pixelated View Post
    And finally, when I first started this morning, I ran into several instances where I could not find the bar code, or the code wasn't scanning, or for other reasons I was having trouble determining the price of the item.

You'll never, EVER guess what phrase I heard over and over and over ...
    Um... "Oh, it's not scanning and you have to look for a number? I completely understand, I'll just wait quietly so you can find it."

Right? I'm sure nobody these days is STUPID enough to make that other joke...
    Replace anger management with stupidity management.

Comment

Quoth notalwaysright View Post
      Um... "Oh, it's not scanning and you have to look for a number? I completely understand, I'll just wait quietly so you can find it."

Right? I'm sure nobody these days is STUPID enough to make that other joke...
      Oh, notalwaysright, you trusting soul ...
      Customer service: More efficient than a Dementor's kiss
      ~ Mr Hero

Comment

Working...
      X