Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SC at the Laundromat (or was I the sucky one)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC at the Laundromat (or was I the sucky one)

Hey folks, long time no post. A lot's happened since my last post.
    * Moved to North Carolina where I now teach community college instead of high school
    * Still have a house to sell in VA
    * Still married
    * Still have three dogs.

So anyways, today and tomorrow is my fall break from the college (surprisingly they kept it given the days off we missed from the hurricane). But the wife had me take the comforter to the laundromat to wash it (we do it every couple of months). Anyways, i'm watching Judge Judy on the television there (this is a pretty nice one) and aside from the standard people talking and such, one guy felt it necessary to play his music as loud as possible on his cell phone. I kind of looked at him with a glare and he smiled. I finally asked him about 5 minutes later if he could please turn it down, to which he did, then he walked by me, cussed at me, began playing his music, and stormed out the door. Was I the sucky one in asking him to quiet down?

I don't think you were sucky at all. I hate when people blast their music in public places. It's rude, not everybody wants to hear it.

Comment

There's a reason they make headphones/earbuds that connect up with various sound making devices.
      I generally feel no need to inflict my musical choices on others, and get rather irritated when others choose to inflict their crap on me. Aaaand, of course, these induhviduals tend to do so with the cheapest sound system possible, so the noise is distorted past recognition, but makes up for it in volume.

As for who's sucky... You ASKED. He CUSSED. Figure it from there.

Comment

My breakroom is notorious for having people (usually the housekeepers/dishwashers) playing whatever on their phones at top volume. Typically bad "rap" or video calls/Snapchat (given that reception sucks at best, I'm not sure how that's able to work). One day one of the chefs got fed up and shouted "This is a break room. People are taking their break on their time and don't want to be exposed to whatever shit you're watching. Use earbuds or turn it the off."

I'd love a device that can remotely mute cellphones in a way that earbuds and the like would work, but the physical speaker will not.
        "I am quite confident that I do exist."
        "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
          ...I'd love a device that can remotely mute cellphones ...
          Bluetooth can link to earbuds whilst their phone is providing a remote view for their proctologist...
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

no, not at all. I frequent the laundromat on a regular basis. MOST people are pretty good but every now and then we get someone who feels the need to either watch a video, or hold a conversation on their phone on speaker. Um. no one cares, no one wants to hear your sh*t, so shut it off!

Comment

Working...
            X