X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another day in the Hospitality Coal Mines

Lets do a count for today:

Guest doesn't understand that non-refundable means non-refundable: 1

Guest calls hotel to ask for information while "looking at the website" and said information is right in front of their face on the website: 2

Guest can't figure out how to print a boarding pass: 3

Coworker disappears for 20+ minutes with no explanation: 2

Guest asks why we need a card because they paid for the room online: 1

"I don't know what a browser is!": 1

(I haven't even been here an hour yet! Send Help! Or Coffee!)

EDIT: Updated the count and more fun from today

Guest upset because our shuttle hasn't come pick them up but didn't call us: 1

Central calls to ask for information that is clearly listed in the terms and conditions for certain package deals

Guest upset that they weren't given information on how to connect to wifi (they lost their instructions): 1

Guest shows up at wrong hotel: 2

Coworker gets personal call on work phone: 2
    Last edited by WishfulSpirit; 10-13-2018, 02:37 AM.
    "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Quoth WishfulSpirit View Post
    ...(I haven't even been here an hour yet! Send Help! Or Coffee!)
    Extrastrength Prozac!
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Here is a big bottle of your favorite alcoholic beverage. You have my permission to drink on the job.

Comment

I don't drink but thank you!
        "I try to be curious about everything, even things that don't interest me." -Alex Trebek

Comment

At some point, I'd have to recommend breaking out a large bottle... of chloriform. It makes the day go so much easier... or at least until someone starts asking those uncomfortable questions about the room full of snoozing idiots. Yup, one more for the pile.

Comment

Fourteen... Fourteen... Fourteen... Fourteen...

Hey! What are they doing here?!!!

Fifteen...
            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Ye Gods.

I hope you told the manager about the disappearing coworker. Also I noticed your list didn't include anyone trying to haggle you on the rates. Did you get lucky or does that happen too frequently to even mention?
              "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

LOL I hear DEVO reading this.
                AkaiKitsune
                Sarcasm dear, sarcasm. I’m well aware that dealing with civilians in any capacity will skin your faith in humanity alive, then pickle anything that remains so as to watch it shrivel up into an immortal husk thus reminding you of how dead inside you now are.

Comment

it never ceases to amaze me how some people manage to make it through a day. My one boss is one of them. She really has NO CLUE how anything works. nothing at all. and is technologically challenged and ignorant.

Some recent examples: apparently she disputed a charge on her cc, which was granted. But then had to call to find out WHY they deducted reward points from her account for the transaction that was disputed. Um, because the charge was REVERSED so you didn't earn points for it.

Then she had to ask HOW to redeem her points. she couldn't figure it out on their website. OMG.

Comment

At this rate: YET!
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Christmas Is Coming View Post
                      Here is a big bottle of your favorite alcoholic beverage. You have my permission to drink on the job.
                      All beverages, and cookies, offered on this forum are certified healthy for you.

But watch out for the stuff that shows up offline.
                      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                      X