This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• doesn't understand "x number business days"

been a while since i've had a semi decent one to write about. still workin at big yellow campgrounds... back in northern CA...

so this morning, had a guy call asking about his refund that he was supposed to have gotten. i look it up, and sure enough, he'd been processed a refund at our end... on the 9th. what was the 9th? that's right. Friday. what follows Friday? a weekend! and what was THIS weekend? that's right! a holiday weekend with an extra bank holiday tacked on! he INSISTED that his refund shouldn't have been "taking this long" and demanded i give him the tracking number. i told him it'd been processed at our end 4 days ago, and it typically takes the bank up to 5 or more business days to complete it at their end. he reiterates that it shouldn't be taking this long. i gave him an "interface code" and he hung up.

srsly tho. he'd be LUCKY to get his money at the end of THIS week, let alone the the first business day after a holiday weekend. dumbass

---

aaaaaaand now the wife just called... just now (previous call was about half an hour ago)

at least she was *slightly* more reasonable in understanding that banks don't work on weekends and holidays. still didn't seem to agree with the fact that she couldn't instantly magically get her money back, but at least wasn't raging on the phone at me about it. *sigh*

---

according to my manager they've been calling every day wondering where their money is >.>
    Last edited by EricKei; 11-14-2018, 12:34 AM. Reason: triple post merge

Quoth katzklaw
    they've been calling every day wondering where their money is >.>
    Sounds like one of my SC's who demanded daily updates on her refund.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

That's just the way the world works. If I'm paying out money it gets transferred instantly. If I'm getting money it takes a week or so to process.
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

bright side, i work afternoon tomorrow, so chances are i'll miss his daily "where's muh money???!?" phone call

Comment

Oh, don't worry. As time goes on, he'll redouble his efforts, eventually getting to hourly demands. I recommend a good book to read while he froths.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
            Sounds like one of my SC's who demanded daily updates on her refund.
            Do they think there's some kind of GPS tracker that tells you how close the refund is to them? LOL
            "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
              Do they think there's some kind of GPS tracker that tells you how close the refund is to them? LOL
              Why the heyall not? There's one on my crapazon shipment!
              I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
              Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
              Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                Why the heyall not? There's one on my crapazon shipment!
                "Refunds may appear closer than they actually are"
                "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Ha Ha Ha

I am selling my condo in Florida, the sale was for Nov.11 but the money transfer to my bank is now on Nov.21 and of-course the bank has to confirm and process the transfer.

I don't expect to be able to touch the money till December. This person is lucky to get his money so fast.

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
                    Apparently
                    At best the IRS's dude where's my refund page will, at most, give the stages: received, processing, approval, etc.
                    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                    X